Harry Callaghan weekend details. (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
Here's the details of the rememberance weekend in Dublin for Harry Callaghan who as some of you will know was an irish punk who spent many years as parts of the punk scenes in Dublin and London. This year is the tenth anniversay of his death and this event has been organised so as his anniversary will be marked and he will be remembered.

extremely rare chance to see some of these bands bu the weekend is more than a series of gigs, its a way of celebrating Harrys life.

Remebering Harry Callaghan
Tenth anniversary

Saturday October 29th 2005
The Long Bar Dalymount Park
Phibsboro Dublin 7

Afternoon Memorial Gathering 3-8

Back in the Day Photo Exhibition
Coitus.
Readings of Harry’s Poems.
Stokey Punks Video showing
Dread Messiah
DJ’s Val and Brayo
All Ages welcome
No door charge

Evening – Doors 8.30
Gig at the Voodoo Lounge Aaran Quay

Coitus
Dread Messiah
Paranoid Visions
The Restarts

Over 18’s
Door charge - 10 euro - 3 overseas bands.we hope to cover a lot of the costs of flights etc at this - the weekend is non profit making.

Sunday October 30th
The Long Bar Dalymount Park
Phibsboro Dublin 7

4.00 - 9.00
The Restarts
Cold War
The Pretty Black Catholics.
The Freebooters
D.J.’s
All Ages welcome
Door charge 6 Euro

Few people have been asking about the bands who arent from ireland and the Pretty Black Catholics

Dread messiah and Coitus are both london heavy punk from late eighties to early nineties, not much of them on net but theres a deadly coitus discography cd available and i think you can still get the classic Dread Messiah ep - derenzys fave record of all time. theres a guy called mad graham from birmingham goign to sing instead of harry for the weekend. Skinny from Cold War was in Coitus and is involved in organising this weekend

the restarts played here several times and are at the upper end of uk punk over last ten years or so - they have a site with mp3s etc www.restarts.co.uk

The Pretty Black Catholics is members of old dublin punk bands The Pretty and The Black Catholics who are going to play a few tunes on the sunday - this is real way back in the day stuff and ages and ages since they played but should be interesting and great to see the support of the early punks for this.

Anyone know how to put video on the net...I got a 6 minute video from Harry of Dread Messiah playing 'Mind Insurrection' recorded in a warehouse in Hackney shortly before his death, its got Harry on Vox, Keith on Bass, Russ on drums and Ebo on guitar plus various punks from that era drinking and arseing around...

Conor if you want to show it at either of your events giz a bell

spuded said:
ah this is gonna be deadly fair fucks conor, hope when my time comes someone remembers me with a deadly gig:eek: .|..|

bon jovi, striknien, poison, taking back sunday, the sex pistols 'reformed' with charlie from busted in place of sid vicious, and some longhairs-in-corpse-paint abyssinian-death-cult-themed band?

nooly said:
bon jovi, striknien, poison, taking back sunday, the sex pistols 'reformed' with charlie from busted in place of sid vicious, and some longhairs-in-corpse-paint abyssinian-death-cult-themed band?

sounds good but scrap poison and replace em with motley crue and get me the buzzcocks too you fuckers

Things are all going to plan even if i forsee a couple of us running around like maniacs on the days in question.

Photo "exhibition" should be good as seems to be a lot of old photos coming

any chance of someone scanning em and making a site up, i saw one similar of vancouver and it was pretty deadly to see all those pics, i've got some webspace if someone wanted access to do it (yay im almost like a landlord but in cyber space and im paying the rent, fuck!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back