Hard Working Class heroes 04 (1 Viewer)

"The music industry has been in crisis- is in crisis. Good. Adversity should bring out the best in us. There are still so may great songs.
Stop moaning. Start dancing; and talking and chilling. In 2004 you have to be at Hard Working Class Heroes Dublin City. Or fuck off and get a job in the city .Your choice"

Nutters.

went and had a look... i got so pissed off with the constant blahblah 'a&r' blah blah 'industry' blahblah 'unsigned' blahblah i actually had to close the website and do something else. (in fact, i wonder if the text on that website would be intelligible if you went through and took out 'a&r', 'signed', 'unsigned', 'industry', 'panel' and 'hot press'.)

something like this could have such potential, but it has the cold dead hand of hot press etc all over it. i love music and i love seeing, making and releasing new music, but jeeeeeeeeeeeeezuz, i fucking hate that bullshit. it makes my skin crawl.

those evil monsters in the fmc have sommit to do with it

jenko said:
I know a few bands going in for it, and we've applied too. It was pretty good last year, and I got to see a load of new bands, so i think it's a good thing.

A
aye, some bands are mad for showcases and that sort of thing. labels and the whole "sign me!" buzz. and thats 100% cool if thats what your after. was thinking of mabey going in for this until i read about what it was . no thanks. plus, we're only moderatly ugly. shame daemo frost don't go for it. they are beautiful men. i believe tom dunning called hag the "buffest drummer in indie rock". go on haggy, follow that dream!

mark said:
aye, some bands are mad for showcases and that sort of thing. labels and the whole "sign me!" buzz. and thats 100% cool if thats what your after.

True, but for us it's more about playing to a new audience, and getting exposure, so the more things like this you play at, the better IMO. It is being pitched as a bit of an industry trade fair alright, and this may attract the wrong sort of bands, but hopefully the panel of judges will pick reasonable acts so as to attract a decent crowd. Although that would rule us out too :rolleyes:

just hope that a member of your band develops an unfortunate drug problem, then tell everyone(particularly the media) about it in great detail with weekly updates on your website and in the nme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back