"Happy Out" (1 Viewer)

Thebeard

I've never heard this phrase used but my mates are going mental hearing it all the time. Apparently its a girl phrase. Has anyone ever heard it being used? I haven't but it sounds like i don't ever want to either.

my friend has been saying this for years. he loves tractors.

this phrase gives me the willies. ex-girlfirend (country-lady) used it all the time in her big bogger accent. i can't even get my head around what it is supposed to be derived from, if anything!

i used to say 'i have AIDS out' to her but she didn't like that.

in the last thirty seconds the lads next to me just said 'happy out' and 'friendly out'. definitely not a girl thing around here.

i can't even get my head around what it is supposed to be derived from, if anything!

My guess is it's derived from things like "tired out", "flat out" etc. "Happy out" and similar expressions, such as "sound out" and "friendly out" obviously don't make any sense the way "tired out" does. But that's country humour. You wouldn't understand, yurn, with yer city talk and yer joyridin'.

My guess is it's derived from things like "tired out", "flat out" etc. "Happy out" and similar expressions, such as "sound out" and "friendly out" obviously don't make any sense the way "tired out" does. But that's country humour. You wouldn't understand, yurn, with yer city talk and yer joyridin'.

thank god for the unity of the Breakfast Roll...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back