ham sandwich....... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LINKY.V.18

have read some of the other posts about them on thumped.i dont get all the hype,i think that so far they are overrated .phantom wont stop playing that new song...but its shite,absolute shite.i dunno,i just think that they've gotten too much too soon.it's a little suspicious actually?;)

p.s. it's never cool to play on the late late.:D

have read some of the other posts about them on thumped.i dont get all the hype,i think that so far they are overrated .phantom wont stop playing that new song...but its shite,absolute shite.i dunno,i just think that they've gotten too much too soon.it's a little suspicious actually?;)

I don't think being cool worries Ham Sandwich.:D

You mean all is not kosher with ham sandwich??!!

Does anyone remember Pop Will Eat Itself on the late late about 12 years ago? I remember Gay looking at them in disbelief and saying something like
"....well, that was Pop Will Eat Itself. You can see them tomorrow night in the SFX - if you really want to...." and Im pretty sure they shouted "Fuck Off" from side stage. Classic stuff.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ROL on Late Late. Cool? You decide.

Music shouldnt be about being cool its about the music and playing on The Late Late or some other style show is hardly a hanging offence.
If you don`t wont to sell any albums don`t release anything.

As for Loose they are a poor band far more overhyped than Ham Sandwich.

Music shouldnt be about being cool its about the music and playing on The Late Late or some other style show is hardly a hanging offence.
If you don`t wont to sell any albums don`t release anything.

As for Loose they are a poor band far more overhyped than Ham Sandwich.

no i agree with you actually.i'm willing to overlook the late late show gig but it still doesn't change the fact that they're(ham sandwich) rubbish.

"as for loose" indeed,oh how i hated that song of theirs,i mean really hated.thankfully they have fizzled out,and hopefully never to return.:D

I wouldn't say that there is 'hype' around ham Sandwich. Getting played on the radio and being on telly is just what happens when you're in a band that's doing well.

As a band who are making no bones about being nothing other than catchy quirk-pop, they do it well. They could do very well in the mainstream and although they are a fun-rock band geared towards freshers students, they have a deceptively well put together guitar sound. No doubt a big input from a good producer but they know what they're at.

Not my cup of tea but it's good to see a band do well on largely their own steam. I can't but think there's a fair amount of jealousy among contemporary young bands putting them down.

Linky: You stink of jealousy!
Ridiculous.

You sound very bitter they're not my kinda thing but they're doing their own thing so fair play to them!!

.i dunno,i just think that they've gotten too much too soon.it's a little suspicious actually?;)

Strange you think that. they havnt been giging loads since 2003 then, no?! myabe that was another band called Ham Sandwich!
Cant really see why anyone would have such a problem with them, great tunes, always put on a good show and generally seem to just wana have fun, without goin on with the type of moody nonsense other dublin bands seem to go on with all the time. Maybe you'd prefear them if they were boaring and from malahide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back