Ambiance Affair // Little X's For Eyes // Groom // Whelans (upstairs) Mon 24th Nov (1 Viewer)

Kid Lovebeach

Website
nickthinks.wordpress.com
:: The Ambience Affair ::

l_10f7290a1f6f1d6951e0d95d4c64ec81.jpg

The Ambience Affair is currently comprised of a 22 year old singer-songwriter Jamie Clarke,and a drummer called Marc Gallagher. I had been playing and writing for about 7 years up until a couple of months ago when I met Marc in the music shop we work in. Marc came to one of my gigs and decided there was room for some drums. Our musical tastes had many common likes,and of course some clashes. I think Marc stormed out of a room when he heard me say 'I'm not really mad into Wilco' but i'm gradually being introduced to the apparent amazingness that is Glen Koche and Jeff Tweedy. I've been told that I have had a really weird musical background because I didn't have any 'cool' older brother/sister/parents to hand me down music. I have this massive fear that if I listen to 'older' music then I will be influenced by it and my songwriting will suffer from originality and it will end up sounding like what has gone before. I've had this questioned by about 1,000 people so far in my life. I think the music is just a progression from the artists who were inspired by the ones I am meant to be listening to. Marc's musical background is something pretty great,he owns a load of vinyl and has an incredibly eclectic collection of records. I think the fact we're so similar yet so completely different as regards musicalness is a good thing. Trying to forge out a unique sound is something we will always strive for.I hope that our music is in some way unique and actually means something to someone other than us... and if you have listened to the tracks above,or come to any of our gigs,thank you. Expect to hear plenty more from us....

http://www.myspace.com/theambienceaffair

:: Little X's For Eyes ::

l_aef6a6f2f5809a2b15a822ea4878c01a.jpg

little xs for eyes … If there was any sun this summer, the music that they make would be a good accompaniment to it. It's airy, harmony-laden, ethereal, sweet, relaxing, and quality of course...(Unarocks) the band play some deliciously harmonious music that will have you floating off into the sky with a blissful smile etched to your mug.. they've all kind of cool instruments, including a glockenspiel, ukelele, and double bass...for an indication of what they sound like i'd say think Reindeer Section doing Carpenters covers... well its close enough (Drop D)...little xs for eyes features current and former members of *inhales* Life After Modelling, Butterfly Explosion and 66E. "On paper" is only deadly so it is (cluas.com)

http://www.myspace.com/littlexsforeyes

:: Groom ::

l_437a693e4f9d42a6ae3b0e56f6c40a71.jpg

GROOM began life in 2004 in Dublin, arising out of the ashes of alt-folk band Settler. Starting off as an electro-folk two piece centred around the songwriting of Michael Stevens, they played some intimate gigs in Ireland’s capital, and shared a stage with Deanna Varagona (LAMBCHOP). Having released a short experimental album, Stitch, GROOM soon expanded into a four piece and began to explore synth-folk-rock territory. They played this particular brand of indie folk-pop around Ireland in late 2005, made some appearances on various compilations, and even released a Christmas single. 2006 saw the release of GROOM’s first album proper, All This Happened, More Or Less on Fairview House Recordings. The record was well-received all round and got GROOM some supports with Jawbone, Jeff Tweedy (WILCO), Suburban Kids With Biblical Names, Evangelicals and Viking Moses.

GROOM are Michael Stevens (guitar, vocals, synths), Jeroen Saegeman (guitar, melodica, keyboards), Wil McDermott (bass, synths), Brian O’Higgins (drums), and Ruan Van Vliet (drums, percussion, synth, autoharp).

http://www.myspace.com/groomtheband

Re: Ambiance Affair // Little X's For Eyes // Groom // Whelans (upstairs) Mon 24th No

the following things made this a really great night:

• us not fucking up
• little x's for eyes being all dream pop gorgeousness
• ambience affair doing a loop show that not only didn't get boring but was way rocking and endlessly exciting.
• the fact that everything ran smoothly, which is amazing when you consider how different all the bands set ups were.
• meeting gazzer

Re: Ambiance Affair // Little X's For Eyes // Groom // Whelans (upstairs) Mon 24th No

Alright man!

hahah yeah gazzer you're the exact same in real life! Sound man.

I was really impressed with the Ambience Affair. Little Xs For Eyes I more or less missed because I was moving gear, but the bit I heard sounded great.

Did anyone of leave a burning candle or cigarette behind after you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back