Ham Sandwich, The Village, 14 August (1 Viewer)

Arthur Peanut

Website
www.eathamsandwich.com
Hi
Ham Sandwich
Village
14th August

Ham Sandwich are playing the Village on Sat. 14th August 2004. there'll be support on the night

Before that however they're playing Le Cheile Festival, Oldcastle, Meath on Friday the 30th of July

Check out www.eathamsandwich.com for details

[email protected]
This Dublin based Quintet has a sound that should and must be listened to. Two guitars, a bass and a set of drums come together beautifully to support the captivating softness of a beauty hidden behind black bangs. For those of you who don't know the sound of the band take the Yeah Yeah Yeah's and breed them with Pretty Girls Make Graves, add the rawness of rock and you end up with a tastyness you can't find piled between two slices of bread. Ham Sandwich have recently completed a tour of duty with My Morning Jacket.
ham_sandwich.jpg

cool name.

however, sandwich should be spelled sangdwidge, sambidge, or sangwidge

Arthur Peanut said:
Hi

Ham Sandwich

Village
14th August

Ham Sandwich are playing the Village on Sat. 14th August 2004. there'll be support on the night

Before that however they're playing Le Cheile Festival, Oldcastle, Meath on Friday the 30th of July

Check out www.eathamsandwich.com for details

[email protected]

ham_sandwich.jpg

Shit name? it's better than calling your band after something on the periodic table of elements such as Nitrogen, magnesium or Hydrogen. While those bands were filluing their brains with atomic numbers and weigths the mighty ham Sandwich were dossing behind the ball alley smoking, drinking pop and eating mammy's Ham Sandwiches...Whats in a band name anyway look at your music collection through the eyes of Ninety year old Willie Sheridan of Brandon Road, Drimnagh... he would see D12 (his postcode), radiohead, The Smashing Pumpkins, Franz Ferdinand, Limp Bizkit, Boyzone etc.

Anyway i bet you'll remember the name Ham Sandwich longer than 'The Amazing Magnesium' or The Hydrogen. Its so stupid it's funny, would you go see a band called 'My siamese brother died because he ate a jar of iron filings' I would

Arthur Peanut said:
'My siamese brother died because he ate a jar of iron filings'
why didn't you just call yourselves that?

we were going to call ourselves that then the keyboardist who happens to be my siamese brother died, albeit in a nasty merchant shipping accident on The Puddel Sea west of Cavan, as a mark of respect we're now called Ham Sandwich rather than sully my brothers memory,

Arthur Peanut said:
Shit name? it's better than calling your band after something on the periodic table of elements such as Nitrogen, magnesium or Hydrogen. While those bands were filluing their brains with atomic numbers and weigths the mighty ham Sandwich were dossing behind the ball alley smoking, drinking pop and eating mammy's Ham Sandwiches...Whats in a band name anyway look at your music collection through the eyes of Ninety year old Willie Sheridan of Brandon Road, Drimnagh... he would see D12 (his postcode), radiohead, The Smashing Pumpkins, Franz Ferdinand, Limp Bizkit, Boyzone etc.

Anyway i bet you'll remember the name Ham Sandwich longer than 'The Amazing Magnesium' or The Hydrogen. Its so stupid it's funny, would you go see a band called 'My siamese brother died because he ate a jar of iron filings' I would

I'm from Brandon and I don't know Willie Sheridan, he must be from the bottom end of the road?

Podge lives on Kilworth and I live on Slievemore, Willie's a crazy one he's always calling over to my house 3am, drunk and asking for some girl who used to live here in the '30s and broke his heart, he's also a mega playstation fanatic, GTA is his fave game

COME ON THE DRIMNAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arthur Peanut said:
Podge lives on Kilworth and I live on Slievemore, Willie's a crazy one he's always calling over to my house 3am, drunk and asking for some girl who used to live here in the '30s and broke his heart, he's also a mega playstation fanatic, GTA is his fave game

COME ON THE DRIMNAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to start a thread on famous Drimnagh Heads :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back