gz present TUBERS (USA / Ex-12 Hour Turn) (2 Viewers)

still not 100% sure that there isn't a match on in dalymount on friday. its 12.30 closing so it doesnt necessarily have to start that early. what time is world cup over at?

theres a dublin city match on friday - from aertel
FRIDAY 30 JUNE
EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
Cork City -v- UCD 7.45
Turner's Cross
Dublin City -v- Longford Town 7.45
Dalymount Park
St Patrick's Ath -v- Sligo Rovers 7.45
Richmond Park
Waterford Utd -v- Bohemians 7.45
RSC

as an aside is that french band palying on sun 16th or not? i didnt cancel my booking of bohs fo rthat day as i understood the lads were using it for the french band but havent seen it listed anywhere so i am wondering should i ring fiachra etc - anyone know if french gig is on and did anyone get onto bohs about ti - i know donal is away but he said soemone else was gogin to go down and sort it out?

the fullams are back i think. i'll see what i can find out.

what will the match mean for the gig? 10pm k.o. and no soundchecks?

bohs punks said:
as an aside is that french band palying on sun 16th or not? i didnt cancel my booking of bohs fo rthat day as i understood the lads were using it for the french band but havent seen it listed [/COLOR]anywhere so i am wondering should i ring fiachra etc - anyone know if french gig is on and did anyone get onto bohs about ti - i know donal is away but he said soemone else was gogin to go down and sort it out?

Conor last I heard that gig was still happening, that was two weeks ago though.

damien said:
the fullams are back i think. i'll see what i can find out.

what will the match mean for the gig? 10pm k.o. and no soundchecks?

dublin city played sligo in dalymount the night army of flying robots played bohs (bohs bar now, not the team - just to clarify :) ). talk to jamie about it. the gig had to wait til the press interviews were over and all as far as i remember. which was about 10 o clock alright.

of course baring extra time the italy v ukraine world cup match will be over by then as well.

yeah..what bugged me more than the late start though was that they wouldn't allow us open the doors til 10,and there was a bunch of folks stood outside getting soaked (it was lashing rain tht night) who the security wouldn't allow me to let in.Not cool.I think the interviews were still going on when DeNov started actually, it got to 10 and Fiachra just told us to go for it.

needtokill said:
yeah..what bugged me more than the late start though was that they wouldn't allow us open the doors til 10,and there was a bunch of folks stood outside getting soaked (it was lashing rain tht night) who the security wouldn't allow me to let in.Not cool.I think the interviews were still going on when DeNov started actually, it got to 10 and Fiachra just told us to go for it.

The security team that Dubllin City use on match nights are idiots, even refusing some Bohs members (the de facto owners of the place) admission at certain times. One possible solution would be to contact Fiachra and see if he can get Denis Maher (the bar director) to give the appropriate person the appropriate bollockin to sort this out. I would have loved if this happened on a sunday..the oul biddies would have battered the DC security if they were dealyed from their G&T's and sing-song session!
Every complaint against these goms is good to keep the pressure on Dublin City (who hire our facilities for next to nothing anyway)

so how were they live then? we have a full backline ready in belfast but if Tubers are cool with people using their cabs then thats even better .. Damo?

They were decent enough live but alot of people had left b4 they got on for buses etc......

Roosky were good when they wern't doing the slow bits ;]

Infinite Shurikens were quite good

Computers that Breed while not my cup of cider brought along a fair sized crowd including alot of pwetty pwetty women.

yeah they are cool to lend everything but need to borrow a kick-drum pedal.

i thought tubers were cool. had a few really good songs "lose your looks to a bottle" was one. bought the cd on the strength of that. pity more people didnt see them. they played the kind of music a pile of people on the general board love so its a pity some of those guys didnt come to see them.

roosky were cool as well. ian dempsey and bp fallon fronting a band wha?:)

infinite shurikens were sloppy but they have something about them.

computers that breed were okay. like the sound theyre going for.

beer was cheap.

nice wan damo!

trev said:
infinite shurikens were sloppy but they have something about them.

beer was cheap.

nice wan damo!

Lol spot on

It's always is in Bohs

He didn't smile, pressures of been a promoter I guess.......

Not a bad turn out, the Voodoo was Jam packed....all old heads I never seen b4, some with their DK's t shirts etc.......

trev said:
they played the kind of music a pile of people on the general board love so its a pity some of those guys didnt come to see them.

sadly, this is quite often the case.. reckon LOADS of people would love amanda woodward/aussitot mort but won't come..

the tubers and roosky cds are dominating the stereo here. good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back