Guitars on planes (1 Viewer)

this is all good stuff

My preference is to take it on as hand luggage since I've always done this and it's safer and I can keep an eye on it. But I'm just wondering if Aer Lingus have placed new, tighter restrictions recently and, if so, if I turn up with it in a soft case will make me put it in the hold. If that's the case, I'll plan ahead for that with a hard case or whatever, or else just pay for an extra seat for the guitar(s).

Or is it a case of you saying nothing and just walk on and they go "ah sure it's grand". That's the way it used to be, and if nothing has changed then I'd prefer that. It'd save a few quid and all.

That said, I was coming from the US, but it still could be a risk. Had to put it in the hold last year going to Austria.

Also, when we asked the lady at check in for fragile stickers she said "We don't give fragile stickers because we treat all our luggage with the same respect", she the laughed and continued "do you like that line".

I'd have said "well, you should have a fragile sticker for your face cuz I'm about to bash it!"

Ah no I wouldn't. Violence against women is wrong.

It's the kind of thing Lovebeach would say, though.

I'd have said "well, you should have a fragile sticker for your face cuz I'm about to bash it!"

Ah no I wouldn't. Violence against women is wrong.

It's the kind of thing Lovebeach would say, though.

Well I used the word lady but it's broad term at times. Perhaps that's where the slang "broad" comes from.

You're definitely able to bring a guitar on board on European flights with Aer Lingus. As long as it's in a soft case, it will fit in the overhead bin no problem. Same goes for their US flights as well. I brought a guitar back from NYC last Sunday no problem. You'd have to check a hard case though.

Edit: Also, Ryanair will most likely tell you to fuck off if you want to bring a guitar on board so make sure you have a hard case if you're travelling with them.

Careful on the locking the case thing I heard from a guy in the commision for aviation regulation that some airport security will break your locks if they want to look inside the case. with no compensation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back