Guitar for Xmas (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Mos
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2

Mos

Looking to buy a guitar for someone for christmas and dont think I will have enough time to ship it from abroad, anyone got any ideas??

I am looking for an acoustic guitar, willing to spend between €150 and €250, may go slightly higher if its worth it. Would like a guitar with a a hard case. Am I asking for too much at this sort of money?

Mos said:
Looking to buy a guitar for someone for christmas and dont think I will have enough time to ship it from abroad, anyone got any ideas??

I am looking for an acoustic guitar, willing to spend between €150 and €250, may go slightly higher if its worth it. Would like a guitar with a a hard case. Am I asking for too much at this sort of money?
the buy&sell or some such operation is your best bet methinks

I haven't been guitar shopping in a while, but some of the epiphone acoustics might be within your range. Haggle about the hard case before you commit to buying and you should get something knocked off it.

guitar shops are a rip-off but there's always someone selling an acoustic second hand.that's what i think anyway.acoustic guitars actually get better with age once they're treated right(like a good lady). i'd exhaust that possibility before i went into any shops if i were you.just my opinion like man

i've just placed an order with these guys
and i've been promised it'll arrive anywhere in europe within 10 days even allowing for the christmas rush. so if you know what you want and can order straight away you can save a packet of money (or get a better guitar for your budget) by buying online. its a neat antidote to ripoff-ireland aswell. i'd say you're safe if you order before the end of november speshly if you buy from a UK or European site . depends on the company and their shipping policies i spose. take a look at that site see can you find what you want. even just to see how much you could potentially save. no harm.

There are definitely loads of good quality second hand guitars out there, as lots of people give up when it hurts their fingers; however, if it's a present, the recipient might prefer something new - especially if they want to change it later.

rocktopus said:
There is a guitar shop on Capel Street that is having a sale- prices seem very good
That's Goodwins. Bought me first guitar there..........sniff sniff

Try Musician Inc. I bought a really cheap machine made Ibanez Acoustic there (just for writing & jamming) & I liked it so much I use it all the time now.........gettin a pick up fitted soon too.

I thought it was gonna be brutal, but it really surprised me.

doctor love said:
Guitars are the tool of the devil.

I urge you to consider buying an oboe for your friend, or perhaps a concertina. These are more neutral instruments, but can also be turned to songs of praise and devotion, should the rapture take you.
:D

spoons are great too
no need for lessons either
and if your mate gives up on his music career path they can be used
to gouge out food from said items container making eating less messy and cumbersome

doctor love said:
Guitars are the tool of the devil.

I urge you to consider buying an oboe for your friend, or perhaps a concertina. These are more neutral instruments, but can also be turned to songs of praise and devotion, should the rapture take you.
ah here... i had my doubts, but this has to be a pisstake.

hermie said:
acoustic guitars actually get better with age once they're treated right (like a good lady)
SwissTony.jpg

What make folks?? are certain makes not better than others are hard cases expensive?

ITalkShite said:
y'know buying a guitar is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. you timidly ask a 'manager' can you try one out, you expertly inspect the body and run your fingers all along her neck.then you rock her for a while.then when the manager tells you you're making too much noise you decide whether or not she's a keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back