Guided By Voices Celebration Night - May 5th - Workmans Club (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter hugh
  • Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 3
you people who are going to this don't know how good you have it. The last time these lads played, mass hordes had to trawl through feet upon feet of snow to make their way to the appointed venue and watch said act ply their trade, excellently well it should be added. Many perished but few regrets were had. GBV is a cause worth risking life and limb for.

I'll be at bill callahan though so will have to wish youse the best with this. See yis next time.

you people who are going to this don't know how good you have it. The last time these lads played, mass hordes had to trawl through feet upon feet of snow to make their way to the appointed venue and watch said act ply their trade, excellently well it should be added. Many perished but few regrets were had. GBV is a cause worth risking life and limb for.

I'll be at bill callahan though so will have to wish youse the best with this. See yis next time.

Oh by the way, it should be added that VBP will probably be going on around 1030 and playing until we run out of songs. It's free in and there will probably be plenty of time to pop over after Callahan and still catch most of the set .....

Hang on, this is tonight??

I was sure Hugh told me it was a Saturday, didn't even check the date. I can go!!!

I remember that comp. Ah, Thumped. Let's all hug tonight lads, okay?
That comp got me into GBV. Just listened to it the other day. It's awesome

wait so what was everyone's first GBV purchase?

First album owned was a cassette rip of Propeller, then Vampire on Titus on vinyl, both in 1993.

First single GBV/Grifters split in 1994 (was also a big Grifters fan).

Then bought everything they released up through 1999... then gave up... for a while...

I bought Mag Earwig pretty much when it came out. Liked it but it didn't blow me away. It was only when I got bucks comp that I realised they were the band I had been missing all my life

Someone bring along bucks famous cd to play in between bands ... Or something else gbv ....

anyone want to upload that comp?? i've been trying really hard to steer away from this thread as i despise them and all who sail in her, however i am willing to try out this comp to try to reconcile with THE WHOLE OF THUMPED.

Mag Earwig was the first one I got too. Loved it then, still love it. Milan Panic speaks the truth. He really fucked up his guitar. That was a great night, well done Hugh. Well done all of VBP. Cooney killed it!

lived with a chap who played his alien lanes tape all the time. first proper purchase was do the collapse when it came out, generally thought to be a low point, but is in fact amazing.

fun night!

wait so what was everyone's first GBV purchase?

Vampire on Titus. Someone gave me a tape of An Earful O'Wax around the same time (1993-4?). I went right off them around Do the Collapse - only got some of the later albums after they'd split up.

anyone want to upload that comp??
Or at least the tracklisting, wouldn't mind seeing it.

Raging I missed this! Hope it went well for all concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back