guests and lurkers - why won't you register? (2 Viewers)

Originally posted by Unregistered
Just found this bulletin board and I won't be bothering with it again.

The standard of writing and debate is pitiable - yeah prick bollox shite, man duh...... - and it's just not very smart. It's supposedly moderated but I don't really see that in action.

....since you asked.

:(

Ah, who cares if some asshole doesn't like it, the rest of us do.

in answer to your question, I also have the cookies problem, so I only log in when I'm posting/checking PMs.

Originally posted by pete
:(

Wait a sec - I, a known quantity, an almost-cool fella, pour forth my love for thumped and get no reaction whatsoever. Someone anonymous person says something nasty and Pete is sad. What's the story Pete? Ain't the love of the fans you have gathered through your years of sterling work enough for you? Or just you just always want more, More, MORE?

my 2 cents

[Taking a break from ruining the computers in work]

I have to say, respect for Alex's uncompromising stance. Everything that you say is obviously thought about, which is more than can be said for many of the posters around here, including myself. I happen to disagree with a lot of what you say, but like I said, there's a clear effort made to do what's right. Fair fucks.
On the other hand, I find myself agreeing with you on one point. Getting criticised by someone who plainly has no (a) knowledge of their subject or (b) desire to do anything other than get their voice heard is seriously irritating. I've had it recently, and boyhowdy does it make my blood boil.
I've had quick sideswipes at my bands here and there, it's not so bad. Someone taking the piss is fine, as is someone with whom I'm in a conversation offering a negative opinion. All cool. But occasionally people come along who get off on being the horsefly biting my ass. Ill-informed, misdirected, inarticulate bullshitters: why do they bother? Really. I mean I feel pretty bad about pouring so many precious seconds of my life away on the internet, but I get quite a lot back from it...Thumped among other things is the equivalent of the crafty fag at 3pm where you get to talk to your mates at the other side of the building for a few minutes every day. You make friends, you plan stuff, you learn stuff. But WHAT the fuck is some halfwit doing, spewing off on the net about some band he/she (sorry, they're all he's most likely) has only the faintest knowledge of? Jayses. It's this that makes me go off on one.

True, people can say what the fuck they like, public forum, bla bla bla. Deadly. And in that spirit, I'd like to say to anyone guilty of being superficial in an unfunny way or critical in an unconsidered way, Fuck the fuck OFF, or I'll do a Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back on your pale spotty pointless hide.

I'm too tired to review this for coherency, so I hope it's not too rambling.

[/Taking a break from ruining the computers in work]

this thread is amazing!!

I havn't read it in ages, and then I tunr around and its bloody gold!! Morello getting slagged, Settler getting slagged, lads slagging their teachers (ha ha ha!!) lads calling themselves cunts!! Deadly!!

My two pence, if you think Settler are shit, that is YOUR opinion. It doesn't matter how many long winded crappy posts you write about it, or don't write about it... it's YOUR opion. People seem to get all freaked out and forget this.

I feel sorry for you if you don't like them that much cause I think you're missing out. But on the other hand you can save your money for something good like The Tone album!

Also, whats dumb, is saying "oh you don't like this music, I'd like to hear YOUR music!"

This akin to me saying - David Coulthard is a shit Formula One driver (which he is), and then Coulthard demanding I put in a faster lap them him around Monaco (which I would do) to prove my point... or all the guys slagging footballers being expected to get up and put in 90 mins against Real Madraid or something.

Sod this I'm going home

xx

P247

Originally posted by Unregistered
i went ot your christmas party too, hope you don't mind, i didn't know if lurkers were allowed or not.

Fucker. we'll get you next time.

Unregistered said:
lurking is well ....expected of one these days. Registering well we all know where that leads. Still like the site though.
bloody civil servants

Guests now get 300% more ads than registered people - if that's not a good reason to sign up I don't know what is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back