gross/yum regional delicacies (1 Viewer)

That sounds like something I would like very much.

For me baklava is number one on my gross delicacies list - sticky and sickenly sweet. I know many people love it but just the sight of it makes me feel ill.

Yum would have to be these little sago coconut puddings that I ate in Thailand. They came in little individual banana leaf cups served with different fresh fruits... delicious.

Oh man there's something yukalicious about jalapeno poppers.

Shortcut to: http://www.jalapenocafe.com/recipes/poppers/poppers.html

jp_copy_1.jpg

I've never had these but I want a half dozen now.

Jalapeno Poppers 1
4 slices bacon, chopped up
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup Monterrey Jack Cheese
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
Fresh jalapeno peppers
Fry the bacon, onion and mushrooms together until the bacon is crisp. Drain well and let cool.​
Mix all ingredients together. Slice Jalapeno peppers in half, stuff with mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.​

yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum

ever tried eating something gross and yet yummy at the same time? It's like being in a reality show, going to eat or not but ends up eating it coz uf the fear to be eliminated. 'Balot' is one you've to try.:D It's a duck egg. They gather the eggs before it gets hatched and boil it like boiled eggs. Eat it with salt and/or spiced vinegar. I suggest you try it with closed eyes. It's not that bad really.;)

I have eaten everything on this list... appart from SurströmmingI think. Although I ate pickled herrings in Norway... they didn't smell that bad though.

Norway has a thing where they get a fish, a salmon, and wrap it in some leaves, and bury it. Once its gone nice and rotten, they dig it up, and eat it, Gravlax its called. Grave Salmon I suppose.
And you wanna smell it. Mother of God.

The Norwegians put all sorts of food in toothpaste tubes too. Including food that really doesn't belong in toothpaste tubes.

I ate chili peppers dipped in chocolate. Not bad. I ate chocolate wrapped in prosuitto... and steak tartare all in the one meal.

Koreans eat some fairly hectic stuff. I managed to get most of what was given to me down, including a spikey gelatinous yoke that looked a bit like a sex toy. They sprinkle these tiny little fishies on food... whole fishies. Loads of them, little eyes looking at you and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back