Groom album launch 24/4/09 upstairs Whelan's (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
Groom will launch its new album "At the Natural History Museum" on April 24th, 2009, on Tight Ship Records here and in the US.

It'll be available on iTunes as well as local outlets such as Tower, Road, Freebird Secret Book and Record Store, and others, but you can get a free copy if you come to the launch!

The launch is upstairs in Whelan's. Our old buddy Neosupervital will also play. See mentions of this gig here and here (thanks Unicron and SweetOblivion!)

3351296319_1deef53bea_o.jpg

Here is the "official" announcement.

Groom
At the Natural History Museum

3379447592_4c4c13dd79.jpg

An indie record about love and death…but mostly death.

Groom’s new mini-album At the Natural History Museum is a pop record about death, filtered through the observations of six fictional characters. It explores themes of despair, questions on eternity, nightmares, suicide, loneliness, regret, and final acceptance—all performed with disarming cheerfulness and black humour in Groom’s signature pastoral pop style.

Six musical vignettes clock in at just over half an hour, each featuring a different protagonist clinging to life or else attending to its inevitable slipping-away: the character who experiences waking nightmares of vampires and the walking dead in Mythical Creatures; the lovers’ suicide pact in Let’s Die Together; the failed bedroom troubadour in Death of a Songwriter; and the title track in which a man contemplates his failing marriage and fading mortality.

Written by Michael Stevens, the record was performed by Groom and produced by Chicago musician/artist, Barry Phipps, with engineering duties handled by Ryan Neuschafer (Chicago) and Nicky Coghlan (Dublin).

At the Natural History Museum is out on Tight Ship Records on April 24th, 2009.

I, for one, fully endorse this music event.
Looking forward to grabbing the CD - the song by the name of Mythical Creatures is a bit of a pop gem.

Is the moods for mallards album any good?

Off topic you say?

How would you rate it on a scale from Sean Wilson's 50 lovely songs to Groom's At the natural History Museum, where Sean Wilson is the lowest score and Groom is the highest possible score?

I'll just presume you would have given it Groom's "At the Natural History Museum" out of Groom's "At the Natural History Museum".

And then go stand in the corner.

Seriously, sounds good guys. Looking forward to it.

Ah yes, missed that. Yeah, off topic. I'll do a thread in a few weeks/months.

Groom’s new mini-album

Six musical vignettes clock in at just over half an hour,

Mini album my arse.
All of the Mounds stuff is shorter than that.

EDIT:
Also:
Reign in Blood.
Either/Or

All round the 30 min mark and ALBUMS!!!!11!

There was a list posted a few years ago if memory serves, a list of classic 30 min albums.

All hail Groom and their new ALBUM

Well if you just go to the gig then that'll be a big surprise for them.

Get muffin to run interference for you.

Nobody tell her that the launch gig is her birthday party, OK?

Jokes on them eh.....I really don't want a party...so off to groom I goes...I'll be the one with the "it's not my birthday" badge on..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back