grinderman. (1 Viewer)

That 'No Pussy Blues' sounds like something Gerry Ryan might do if he started a band (which would be pretty cool).

He even looks like Old Nick!

the exciting thing about all of this is nicks ability to rock out at his age. the gig in vicar st a few years ago, with this line up, notably when they played "jack the ripper" was one of the best gigs ever. i for one hope that a full scale tour and not just atp is on the cards. mainly cos it doesnt look like ill make it to atp. but then its not all about me is it?

Don't ever, ever think that for one minute - remember where you are

I've always respected the Bad Seeds more than liked or listened to (prefer the Birthday Party) but I've never seen him live in the flesh so what do I know?

ive seen the bad seeds a few times at this stage. its always a guarenteed winner. he is a bona fide genius after all.

the exciting thing about all of this is nicks ability to rock out at his age. the gig in vicar st a few years ago, with this line up, notably when they played "jack the ripper" was one of the best gigs ever.

That gig was much much better than any recent Bad Seeds gigs I have been too.

I got an advance copy of the Grinderman album & well it's...okay. He's still got his penchant for listing things rather than writing 'actual' lyrics and this Stooges-pastiche with such clean production seems a bit lazy and throwaway-note it's not a Nick Cave release fr'instance. Having said that it is good fun & Nick is one of music's true living legends. I'll put it down to a mid-life crisis-hence that 'tache!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back