Great singles by lost irish bands (1 Viewer)

Drug Free by the sewing room - I got that ep for my 21st as a present. Their debut 'And Nico' is still one of my all-time favourite Irish albums.

Brian 'You Don't want a Boyfriend' is a classic
'Colourblind' by Belsonic Sound
Sunbear esp. 'bits'. It has one of the best guitar hooks ever.

Also being listening to 'Down market' by The Blades. Perfect recession music

I also love Cry Before Dawn 'The Seeds thats been sown' and Fountainhaeds 'Angel'. There were some great Irish bands.

Anyone mention the Great Western Squares yet? First date with my youngfella, double bill with Asian Dub Foundation, bizarrely. All I can find on Youtube is their Ace of Spades cover, but they had some great originals, Shake the Memory was deadly.

When I was a young wan I was very fond of Guernica (featuring Joe Rooney, aka Father Damo from Father Ted, on vocals), Orange and Red was a lo fi pop classic:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And then during my goth phase I liked Tower of Bable, They were a bit of bargain-basement Fields of the Nephilim, but Mark-from-Freebird (as he was in those days) had a great voice.

Anyone mention the Great Western Squares yet? First date with my youngfella, double bill with Asian Dub Foundation, bizarrely. All I can find on Youtube is their Ace of Spades cover, but they had some great originals, Shake the Memory was deadly.

When I was a young wan I was very fond of Guernica (featuring Joe Rooney, aka Father Damo from Father Ted, on vocals), Orange and Red was a lo fi pop classic:
YouTube - Guernica - Orange And Red (Audio)

And then during my goth phase I liked Tower of Bable, They were a bit of bargain-basement Fields of the Nephilim, but Mark-from-Freebird (as he was in those days) had a great voice.

So there was two Guernicas in Ireland then. Mad.

You can add the Donegal Guernica to the list of great lost singles. they had a few but I've lost the titles. Presume a few people round here would've heard them.

So there was two Guernicas in Ireland then. Mad.

You can add the Donegal Guernica to the list of great lost singles. they had a few but I've lost the titles. Presume a few people round here would've heard them.

That all sounds familiar, I have a vague recollection of the Donegal franchise. What era?

Tension were great too! can't remember what their e.p was called but ger the singer was a cool fucker.. and the bass player michael was also awesome...

was it 'i only like you when i'm drunk'? or was that the album? anyway, they were excellent. what a rhythm section!

did k-deck ever release anything?

was it 'i only like you when i'm drunk'? or was that the album? anyway, they were excellent. what a rhythm section!

did k-deck ever release anything?

wasn't he in Wheel as well? World bank projects great ep. Yeah Michael he was great! Where is he now?

Tension were great too! can't remember what their e.p was called but ger the singer was a cool fucker.. and the bass player michael was also awesome..

then there was the idiots, stigma, splatterpillar, luggage, knocking shop, underfoot, so many good bands..

so many aul fellas itt.

tension were AWESOME!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back