Great singles by lost irish bands (1 Viewer)

good tune. If I recall, that 12" was either a blue sleeve or a yellow one.

50p in Virgin in 1990. A little corner cut off the sleeve.

the sleeve was yellow. i knew youd remember it. i paid top dollar, ie about 2. 49 in freebird.

These are all ep's, so may not qualify, but...
The Golden Mile-Blowing Hot & Gold
The Waltons-s/t

That Waltons one used to show up a lot until recently. There were only 2 or 3 hundred pressed too,so it'll be harder andharder to find.
Golden Miles cassette album was great too

The Threat - "The high cost of living" - c.1980 amazing single, like Chrome meets Killing Joke

Katmandu - "I can make the future" - genius synth-pop, in a Sparks/Bowie/Roxy mode. c.1981

Flexihead had a cracking 7'', can't remember the name of it now.

During my teenage years I remember being quite fond of Talent by the Brilliant Trees, Saved by the Prayer Boat, Don't Lead Me Down by Revelino, Song For Someone by Engine Alley and Going To Nepal by Blink. There was also a song by Pelvis that I liked that contained the line "The suit of armour that I wore, I stole it from my father's drawer" and I liked the Decal tune that ended up as the theme music for No Disco. I was also big into the albums I Am The Greatest by A House, Casual Sex In The Cineplex by The Sultans Of Ping F.C., Let's Get Killed by David Holmes and Heartworm by Whipping Boy but none of them are forgotten are they?

Anyone remember the band In Motion? I had an ep by them with a track called (I think) "It takes a long while (to see you smile)". Great track. Would have come out around 1994-ish I reckon.

i was at a gig lastnight were some guys called ego minefield played, apparently they did well years ago and charted a bit, but now they just get together at christmas and for the occasional charity show. any one ever heard of them??

I have but you probably could have guessed that.

of which i've still a load in my attic, technically you can still buy one

Who else is one it? How much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back