good songs ruined by crap production (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MrT
  • Start date
  • Replies 55
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 5
Some people would say Hunkpapa by Throwing Muses but they're dumb people who don't appreciate deadliness

I've never liked the sound of any Smiths records, though I will say I'm not much of a fan I can appreciate the songwriting and guitaring, but the bass sounds are awful (IMHO, obviously...) and the drumming generally very processed and dead (to my ears!). I think it's a symptom of the times really... *shrug*

The First Album and Meat is Murder are particulary bad. I think Hatful of Hollow is pretty well produced as is Strangeways.

I've never liked the sound of any Smiths records, though I will say I'm not much of a fan I can appreciate the songwriting and guitaring, but the bass sounds are awful (IMHO, obviously...) and the drumming generally very processed and dead (to my ears!). I think it's a symptom of the times really... *shrug*

Listening to it now, and yeah, its a bit reverby all right. Especially Moz's voice. I like the atmosphere it creates though

The Generations Terrorists version of Spectators of Suicide is the worst thing in the world while the b-side version is deadly

I would say a lot of the pixes stuff, although the songs are so good it doesnt really matter...so eh..scratch that too.

THIS guy knows how to produce a slick record my friends...​

Bobrock.jpg

Born In the USA. The whole album sounds horrible despite some of the songs being brilliant, I can only listen to I'm On Fire and Bobby Jean.

The snare drum is a nightmare

I would say a lot of the pixes stuff, although the songs are so good it doesnt really matter...so eh..scratch that too.

what pixies stuff?
the production on sufer rosa/come on pilgrim and doolittle is near perfect.
trompe le monde is totally overdone though.

I wouldn't say ruined by any means but the compression on "Isn't Anything" by My Bloody Valentine really brings the level down and doesn't let some of the heavier songs reach their potential.

I love it as it is but it seems like a weird decision.

South of Heaven by Slayer. Not as well produced as what went immediately before or after

I presume you're not including Show No Mercy in that?!

As for albums, I'd add Dead Kennedys - 'Bedtime for Democracy' and .....

PS - it's not the production that makes Pixies albums shite, wha

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back