Good Food Shops (1 Viewer)

I do like Avoca...just had a big warm slice of soda bread with this strawberry preserve on it. Just mashed strawberries, no sugar.

So nice.

Their loaves are always a decent size too. I respect that.

Got some mango, chili and lime chutney too which I'm looking forward to trying at some stage today.

the market out in malahide on a saturday is really nice too..lots of fresh veg and absolutely yummy hot chocolate..

and listons is indeed lovely..i could spend the day wandering around in there...

niallmc said:
make your own with Sosmix and puff pastry - deadly

Oh I have, yum! And I've even made my own sausage mix. And as lovely as they are, I think sometimes it's the convenience I crave! The laziness, the chemicals, the joy! Oh Linda Mc. Oh sausage rolls.

muffin said:
the market out in malahide on a saturday is really nice too..lots of fresh veg and absolutely yummy hot chocolate..
Where exactly in Malahide? Up near James' Terrace direction?

There's some nice breads and meats and cheeses and olives (and crafts and jewellery) to be had at the Howth market on Sundees.

Lovely coffee and chocolates too.

ETA: That's in the harbour in Howth. Obviously.

it looks like tivall who is owned by heinz who in turn is owned by nestle are gonna be buying linda's veggie range...her fake meat pies are only massive..

Also, for anyone in Clontarf..(I'm all about the northern coast, me), there's a lovely Italian food shop that does nice prepared takeaway meals and also has a limited but luffly selection of italian imported stuff - vinegars, chocolates, coffees etc. Can't remember the name of it but it's just in the row of shops after the turn up for St Lawrences Rd, as you head into town.

Also, Nolan's supermarket in Clontarf is none too shabby.

lurlow said:
They're after sticking some fancy sort of food shop on Exhequer Street. Looks good.

Fallon and Byrne's. Was in there yesterday. It's good. Posh food shop. The usual .....

It's pretty reaonably priced I thought. For the fruit and veg anyway.

The humdinger sandwich is amazing too.

roxy said:
Also, for anyone in Clontarf..(I'm all about the northern coast, me), there's a lovely Italian food shop that does nice prepared takeaway meals and also has a limited but luffly selection of italian imported stuff - vinegars, chocolates, coffees etc. Can't remember the name of it but it's just in the row of shops after the turn up for St Lawrences Rd, as you head into town.

Also, Nolan's supermarket in Clontarf is none too shabby.

Yeah Nolan’s is very good. Nice affordable cheeses & great selection of veg & herbs.

I’m really gonna miss it when I move out of Clontarf next week. Boooo. You don’t find these kinda family run supermarkets so easily these days.

Have to check out this Fresh place in Smithfield on Saturday. Deadly buzz.

Oh and Thunders bakery in Clontarf has to get a mention for its Multi-grain bread loaf & Soda Bread.

Lovely stuff. Shame about the mad aul’ dears that work there tho'. I waited for about 5 minutes the other day while they talked about yer ones new power shower. Bless.

Fallon and Byrne- paid €7 for a couple o stripey aubergines in there last week. Fuck off. Still though. I love that shop.

Saray Mehran on Thomas st just next door to Vicar St- it's a good good foodery. They sell lots of nuts, spices, dried pulses, canned goods, cool weird sauces, fresh veg and herbs, funny greek dairy products and cool cheeses and olives from a deli. They appear to do some meat shit too although I've never given it much attention.

Anyway, the staff are really nice, there's always a good buzz in there. And it's pretty reasonably priced from what I can tell. Go Saray Mehran Go!

Yeah place is great was in there a few times over the easter hols.

Wormo said:
Saray Mehran on Thomas st just next door to Vicar St- it's a good good foodery. They sell lots of nuts, spices, dried pulses, canned goods, cool weird sauces, fresh veg and herbs, funny greek dairy products and cool cheeses and olives from a deli. They appear to do some meat shit too although I've never given it much attention.

reeeeally nice flatbread, too. i agree, they're friendly and lovely.

there's a lovely grocery shop on upper rathmines road - it used to be called the cabbage patch and i think it's now hennessy's, but i'm not positive. the staff are really helpful, they've tons of lovely veggies, olives, 3 or 4 types of pesto. not cheap, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back