Good Charlotte fans read it and weep!! (1 Viewer)

duffman_returns

Website
Visit site
you say that i'm a dreamer, i say you're a non believer

"Communication is a lot like the wind, when I speak. It's like no one understands and I'm left with empty hands forever, I can't speak. So many things I'll never learn, you can't cross bridges that you burn. Why is life such an issue in your mind? Why are the answers to my problems hard to find? So hard to find? Dont forget to buckle when you fall beneath the pressue of the seconds when your life became a screamer. Staring at the sea things become so small, I want movies of my dreams and pictures on my wall, picutres on my wall. Why is life such an issue on your mind? Why are the answers to my problems so hard to find, so hard to find? So hard to find? You say that I'm a dreamer, I say you're a non believer. Take out the light, take out the light start screamin. I'm dreamin, I'm a dreamer, no one believes me and you don't either. Tell me what to do, take out the light, take out the light start screamin, yeah"

thats the most amazin punk lyrics ever
it realy does make me want to weep

What do you actually do? I mean... I pretend to work in a bank.... are you in an office or something....

And he looks silly, your little friend Benjamin.

oh but billy, benji is god, he smells funny, but he is god!! hehe

What do i do....hmmm thats a good question, im a receptionist right now....but im a music manager as well...(not really PROFESSIONALLY--i want to learn the ropes before i just into it by doing management and PR work for local bands.....) hehe so yea....

He looks ridiculous. He should cut his hair and get a proper job. It's just a phase he's going through.

And he smells funny because he plays with himself a lot.

i thought it was freddy jungberg. which is a shame cos i doubt whack o' benji will want to go and see mama mia! with me.

i dunno WHATS going on right now....whats the deal with posting "Screamer" by GC on the forum thats what I wanna know!!

GC arent Punk, theyre emo....

ok and as for the benji cutting his hair and getting a job biz, they might never be Green Day, or Blink 182, but theyre good at what they do and theyre getting places so leave that well enough alone mister billy.....

look at you looking like Alien Ant Farm Dude anyway!!

Originally posted by Hector Grey
Fuck the bees

Fuck the bees!! Brilliant!

'Bee' is my favourite written-down word at the moment ('egg' still holds the favourite out-loud word title, obviously)

Hector you showed up in my dreams last night. You and me were in Japan, attempting not to fall off the tops of two adjacent big flexible skyscrapers

Bee! The bees! Ha ha

Good Charlotte: Pop Punk That Gives Back
Friday October 26, 2001 @ 12:30 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

by Keith Carman

Walking through the Edgefest II crowd with new punk upstarts Good Charlotte, one has to wonder just how these boys can still fit their heads through the average door. Punkers, ravers and every other genre of music fan flocks to this Annapolis, Maryland band like flies on a big, hairy poo. Yet, as singer Joel and guitarist Benji are quick to point out, if you want to keep it together, you gotta keep it real.

"Some of these kids don't really know where we're coming from. We were the losers in school that got our asses kicked for wearing the same shirt everyday," chuckles Benji. "For us to forget that past would mean that we haven't learned anything. Besides, it can be taken away so quickly, you really do have to stay level-headed."

Understanding that a positive attitude is of utmost importance, Good Charlotte feel that the only way to stay on top of your game is to forget life's evils and focus on the good things.

Says Benji: "We grew up so fucking poor. We were slums, hoodlums, troublemakers. It really gives you a bad look on life. I hated everything. Then one day I had an epiphany and realized that you can go around in a bad mood all of the time, but it won't do any good. If you pull the positive points out of something, you will enjoy life a lot more."

Constantly deflated for their pop-punk nature in gutter punk clothing, Good Charlotte see themselves as more of a punk rock primer than anything else. Speaking on the subject, Benji reveals an amusing tale of strolling around a foreign city in full punk regalia. Not recognized by the usual street punk suspects, he was quickly accosted and welcomed into the fold. After a few questions, he then revealed his business in town was playing with Good Charlotte.

"Oh, we've never heard them. I guess we just wrote them off as an MTV thing, but now we realize you guys might be cool. We'll check you out" was the result.

"We just want to be the band that opens the floodgates for those people out there," he relates, gesturing at the thousands of psyched audience members.

"There was a time when everyone who listens to any genre of music had no idea who was cool or uncool. I had to take my lessons from Rancid and Operation Ivy. I thought 'Whoa, this is cool,' and then I started soaking up everything I could about them. Whenever they mentioned a band in an interview, I figured that if they liked it and I liked their music, I should check it out. Now, maybe it's my turn to work it in their favour. Give it back to them."

Still, one has to argue that even if Good Charlotte aren't forgetting their roots, it's not like those roots are firmly planted, ages-old, around the block 100 times kinda roots. Barely two years into their entire career, the band has had more breaks than the idols they look up to, who've been slogging it out 10 times as long. Literally.

"We can't be responsible for our good fortune though," argues Joel. "Those people who shun us just because of the label we're on, or the fact that we've got a video out there that's getting us somewhere are only limiting themselves, because they aren't keeping an open mind. Besides, no band has ever given us shit for our career path. It's mostly just jaded punkers. And if that's the way they're gonna be, I'd rather have someone who doesn't know a thing about punk coming to our shows, 'cause they're the one who like it for what it is, not what it (isn't)."

yeah syb your right they're not punk at all how silly of me to make such a mistake

Duffman.....WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE OF BREATHING??

Emo is a form of Punk, YES....thats what i was trying to say, theyre not like PUNK punk, theyre Emo....its easier to say "punk" cuz no one really understands what Emo is.....if youre trying to start an arguement, go elsewhere, cuz you aint proving ANY points here

hay all iv done is post stuff about the band
i havnt heard them so im not forming an oppinion
on them at the moment nor am i ripping them for thier hair or whatever

if any one you should be happy im spreading thier word isnt that what you wanted

im sorry if my comments offended you i was only havin a larf, i realy would like to hear them are there any websites where i could listen or watch their video

:)

eh...i feel as if im walking into a trap here....hmmm...

you can listen to their entire album at http://goodcharlotterocks.com
Little Things was their first single

Waldorf World Wide was their 2nd

I Heard You
Complicated
Change
Screamer
theyre all good songs really.....

you can see their video on their website i believe....

just

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back