good but cheap headphones (1 Viewer)

mitsch1

could anyone tell me what the best set of headphones are for a decent price 100-150 euro?
im sick of earphones and im looking for an alternative to beats by dre coz they are so ****ing dear its unreal.im not a dj just want them for my ipod (gym & general malarky),and a pair that look good!
cheers
g.php

I got a Seinnheiser 218i headphones recently. I like them, not too big but good at keeping sound out and in. Good sound, handy remote/mike on the wire which is great for the iPod.

SOmeone with more time than I find that big headphone poll there now willya

Thread Hijack!

What are the best headphones for tracking does anyone know...that don't bleed all over the gaf?

Thanks lads.I'm gonna start saving right now.The ones I'm using currently I get in power city for a tenner.And while they do the job..they do it rather poorly,not a whole lotta level and when they are cranked its bleed city..
Those sennheisers look just the job actually.

could anyone tell me what the best set of headphones are for a decent price 100-150 euro?
im sick of earphones and im looking for an alternative to beats by dre coz they are so ****ing dear its unreal.im not a dj just want them for my ipod (gym & general malarky),and a pair that look good!
cheers
g.php

These are great, got a pair in Feb and absolutely love them.

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?products_id=2526

I've these - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000065BPB/?tag=thumpedcom-20

Sennheiser HD280.Eexcellent isolation and very flat response. You'd happily record or mix with these.

+1 for 280's
You need to break them in for a while though, play hours of music on them when you first get them while you're not using them.
I've found the high end is slightly duller than it should be, so you can over compensate if you're not careful. If you're mixing that is.

+1 for 280's
You need to break them in for a while though, play hours of music on them when you first get them while you're not using them.
I've found the high end is slightly duller than it should be, so you can over compensate if you're not careful. If you're mixing that is.

I find it hard to believe theres any headphones that could be used for effective mixing.But if you are syaing its possible with these.Then these are the ones I want.

I find it hard to believe theres any headphones that could be used for effective mixing.But if you are syaing its possible with these.Then these are the ones I want.

Well I didn't quite say that......
I wouldn't use solely headphones to mix on. Some people do though, and they're useful for checking things on and lots of people listen to music on headphones, so it's good to know what a mix will sound like on headphones.
Also, much cheaper to buy a good set of headphones than a good set of monitors/acoustic treatment/room etc.

A mix that sounds good on headphones won't always sound good on monitors/speakers, in general though things translate a lot better the other way around.

A useful tool is a crossfeed pluggin or a headphone amp with a crossfeed cricuit. That'll help with translating out there in the real world.

But personally I prefer to work on monitors.

Ahh yeah...I wouldnt dream of mixing on cans solely no matter how good they were.

I wouldnt lose any sleep over not having the room acoustically treated now that you mention it.I reckon a familiarity with your monitors and mixing environment goes a long way to negating the need for such extravagance for the average home recordist.Especially if your using near fields in a largish space.

I regularly lose sleep over my monitors though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back