Cheap Record player? (1 Viewer)

Green Goblin

I was thinking of picking up a cheap record player so I can play all my Dad's old records. It seems like a good idea. Though a lot of modern record players are very expensive. I took a look in cash converters and even the older ones were. Because they're "vintage" I guess it gets Hipster tax added on.

What would be decent bang for my book? I just need something to needle the disk and output the results to a nice little headphone/speaker jack.

They do a cheap one in Argos Yer best bet is a getting someones old 80s Hifi that they don't want.Try adverts.ie free section or maybe thumped freecycle.

All I'd say is go to belfast, thats what Im planning in a few weeks, the same mp3usb turntable thats 180euro in maplins I found for 105sterling up north. Also found some other deadly turntables there from 55sterling up.

I need to get a new needle for mine. I'm digitizing records but it seems pointless when the needle is so noisey.
I have a Numark TT1700, I don't even know what needle it takes?
Where? What? etc

I'm thinking of getzing:

An ION iTTUSB-05 USB Record Deck;

with

FUNTIME 3.5MM ST.PL - 2X RCA PL. CABLE-458 (so as I can plug it directly into my speakers - this would be the right rca to 3.5mm jack cable, wouldn't it..?).

Pixmania quotes about €140 for the lot. Any ideas about getting it cheaper from any other site/place? Amazonia.co.uk seem to have it for about £60, but don't ship to these parts.

wow-thats cheap

might get on of those myself

Jes, it snot bad. I'd be interestified to know how much the Jervis maplins store is charging for same. I've ordered it anyway. I'll report back. They say they ship cables to connect it directly with the stereo, so I didn't get order extra ones. Would be handy if they did ship a y rca audio to 3.5 mm jack cable though as the audio outputs from the Ion seem to be RCA and my stereo input is a normal 3.5 mm socket.

What about ebay? I'm sure you'd get one of these uber cheap. Also I had an old Sony stereo that I gave away but kept the turntable. Thing was it only worked with the stereo because it had no mains plug, then some nerds on the internet informed me that all you needed was a 9v supply, so I bought a €5 power adapter from a pound shop, soldered it on, plugged it into my amp and I've been rocking ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back