going to cork city...what should I do,where should I go? (1 Viewer)

impending controversy... lennox's ain't all dat. it's nice, very nice.. but it's not the best chip in the country/planet/universe like a lot of corkoidz might have you believe.

for sheer uniqueness (and a small, cheap and tasty portion of chips EATEN OFF THE COUNTER), matty kiely's on maylor street couldn't be beaten, but alas I haven't seen it open in quite a while now. aw.

oh, and fuck d'oval; place is ruined now. used to be a fantastic pub. used.

matty kielys - i used get a burger chips and a can for 2 quid.
he used to take your order, then disappear out the back and appear a few minutes later with what you wanted. tasty but highly suspect...

i think everyone loves their local chipper the most - mine was called magic chef

impending controversy... lennox's ain't all dat. it's nice, very nice.. but it's not the best chip in the country/planet/universe like a lot of corkoidz might have you believe.

It's patchy; standards aren't as high as they were back before they expanded the place.

Brian's a scabby* fucker too, best to go to the other side when he's there.

*As in reluctant to part with too many of his precious chips. Not picking off scabs and putting them in the chips.

matty kielys - i used get a burger chips and a can for 2 quid.
he used to take your order, then disappear out the back and appear a few minutes later with what you wanted. tasty but highly suspect...

i think everyone loves their local chipper the most - mine was called magic chef

haha the magic chef was mint. pretty dodge alright but yeah, amazing when I was 10.

It's patchy; standards aren't as high as they were back before they expanded the place.

Brian's a scabby* fucker too, best to go to the other side when he's there.

*As in reluctant to part with too many of his precious chips. Not picking off scabs and putting them in the chips.

dinos drivethru :D:D:D

for sheer uniqueness (and a small, cheap and tasty portion of chips EATEN OFF THE COUNTER), matty kiely's on maylor street couldn't be beaten, but alas I haven't seen it open in quite a while now. aw.

oh, and fuck d'oval; place is ruined now. used to be a fantastic pub. used.

heard a good story about ma kielys where someone asked yer man for a handkerchief, to which he replied: " your not in the metropole now bi!"

anyone ever doss into the Quin Ryan before it closed? Surreal. A ring toss board instead of darts and the most intimidating facade in the City. The other pub further up Barrack St. is still open I think, run by a huge sweaty betracksuited man, Beamish is crazy cheap in there too.

haha the magic chef was mint. pretty dodge alright but yeah, amazing when I was 10.

It only seems like yesterday i grabbed a burger and chips from kielys one friday and headed over to The Phoenix to eat them upstairs with the 'underage crowd'.
then i watched a young band called 'No Remorse', not the aryan metallers from germany - but an equally dangerous band from Passage West, play their first ever gig supporting "The Chew Lips" and someone else.
i remember talking to eoin before hand and his beard and made me think he was about 30, when in fact he was doing his Junior Cert.

Get the train out to Fota Island for the day. Last time I was there a monkey pissed on me. They have giant hamsters.

anyone ever doss into the Quin Ryan before it closed? Surreal. A ring toss board instead of darts and the most intimidating facade in the City. The other pub further up Barrack St. is still open I think, run by a huge sweaty betracksuited man, Beamish is crazy cheap in there too.
QuinRyan was great, pool with old 20p coins and bring yer own stereo and play whatever tunes you liked. Bradeys a bit up the road had even cheaper Beamish but there was a bang of death off the place the clientele were so advanced in years for the most part

It only seems like yesterday i grabbed a burger and chips from kielys one friday and headed over to The Phoenix to eat them upstairs with the 'underage crowd'.
then i watched a young band called 'No Remorse', not the aryan metallers from germany - but an equally dangerous band from Passage West, play their first ever gig supporting "The Chew Lips" and someone else.
i remember talking to eoin before hand and his beard and made me think he was about 30, when in fact he was doing his Junior Cert.

Haha, my first gig as a lowly 15 year old. It was the blurst of times etc

don't go to Loafers!!

Food, ya gotta go to Lennox's. :)

As for music this should be a great night*

SUPER EXTRA BONUS PARTY **EP Tour** + CAPTAIN MOONLIGHT+ Guests @ Melting Pot

*shameless plug

You can try Scoozi's if you like Italian and it's near Cyprus Avenue too. Booze? - don't get the pints in An Brog anyway, to stay on the safe side. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back