God Of War 2 (2 Viewers)

CitySickness

Website
Visit site
Who's got it, then? It's the most bombastic, ridiculous game I've played (since the last one) and it's fucking ace.

20070319.jpg

I'd stopped playing games on my PS2 - only playing 360 games because of the achievements. But I'm playing God of War 2 and, jesus... fuck achievement points. There's nothing like beating the face off a bunch of Cyclops to give you a real sense of achievement. Deadly game.

There's so much going on at any one time, you rarely get a chance to stop and look around at the crazy level of detail in everything. It's quite amazing they've managed to squeeze so much out of the aul' wheezer.

Just finished this last night. Short but perfectly-formed. No chance I'll be playing it again on SupraMegaLeet difficulty, but then I don't think I've ever played through the same game twice. Except for Rez, but that's a bit of a special case. Who are these people who have the time to squeeze every last gyp of entertainment out of their games, anyway?

I finished this a little while ago, and went to start playing it again with the "Cod of War" turned on. I beat the colossus and then realised that I have better things to be doing than kicking the shit out of people AGAIN, only this time in a fish costume.

Like playing Okami.

Only game of recent memory I can remember going back and playing again was Ico, because playing it again gives you the English translation of what Yorda is saying.

There's an unlockable pseudo-HD mode in the game - better visuals at the cost of a little slowdown - for those who didn't know.

The extra resolution makes the game run a bit slower, but it's also prettier.

As the game boots up, before even the White test "SCEA Presents" legal screen comes up. Hold down L1+L2+L3 (Thumbstick Button)+Square+Circle at the same time.

If you did it right, the Legal screen will appear in a shade of purple.

If you are doing this on a PS3, you may need to plug the controller in via USB.

It's not 720p. but it is running in 640*448

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back