GLYDER ALBUM OUT NOW! (1 Viewer)

battue

Just to let you know Glyders album is on the shelves now, watch out for Glyder in Classic Rock, Kerrang Metal Hammer etc over the next few months

"Good Classy honest Hard Rock" - Jerry Ewing - Classic Rock Magazine / Metal Hammer / www.TotalRock.com

"Love the vibe these guys are throwing out.... A bit of Lizzy, a bit of blues and some killer rock/hard rock!" Jeff Waters - Annihilator

"Glyder's debut album is the most powerful, melodic, diverse rock album I've heard for years" Dave Anderson - Hawkwind

"Stand out tracks include Colour of Money, Die or Dance and You Won't Bring Me Down. Ah hell....the whole album rocks!!" - Roddy Cleere WLR Fm

"I gotta say this CD is totally rocking my socks off.. Ive played nothing else since arriving back..Its quite the most fantastic young hard rocking band ive heard in years..top tunes, and goes without saying that chris has done an incredible production job..the band's logo is terrific aswell.."
Digby Pearson Earcache records

Based on the quality of this release, there is simply no limit to just how big this band can be. GLYDER are the band who have finally filled the gap between the trendy rock and rollers of the 21st century and the legendary classic rock of the 70’s.

Unlike THE DARKNESS, these boys make serious music and watch this space because they may well soon be making a serious breakthrough. If you’re into your Lizzy, or any groove filled rock, then do not hesitate to buy this album, you will not be disappointed! - James Allman www.baconmusic.co.uk

Melodico, energetic and with a remarkable class and instrumental skill, the band Irish also with an obvious infuence of the sound of THIN LIZZY, is approached the sound riff-based of the NWOBHM also with a contemporary approach and optimal melodie at times. To discover www.frontiers.it

A very strong debut album and heartily recommended for all fans of classic rock out there.**** Jason Ritchie www.getreadytorock.com

"Glyder are an exciting young classic rock band with a difference. Absolutely brilliant musically- powerful lead guitars make this extremely listenable. There are definite hints of Black Sabbath & Iron Maiden here- minus the vocals! But don't be mistaken- Glyder are not a metal band! This album features some remarkable riffs and generally memorable and tremendous music, making these guys one of the best bands to come out of Ireland in a long while! There's something about this record that tells us Glyder are set for big things. An unmissable debut!" 8.5/10- KILLER DIENAMITE ZINE

Hailing from the emerald isle Glyder do it old school. Hot after a support slot with Thin Lizzy the bands self titled debut release is a cracker.The bands no frills hard rock breaths fresh air into the classic rock genre.The album opens up with the awesome ‘Colour Of Money’, a track that the diehard classic rock fans have long been waiting for, with its gritty guitars and outstanding vocals. The high quality continues with ‘PUP’ another masterstroke. I can't praise this album highly enough as it has all the makings of a classic. Great tunes, good songwriting and some excellent guitar riffs.
It’s hard to fault this album in any way, shape or form, with big guitar fueled tracks like ‘Saving Face’ and the gentler soundings of ‘One For The Lost’ and ‘Stargazer’. It’s not long before the band are firing on all six with ‘You Won’t Bring Me Down’ and my favourite track ‘Takin` Off’.This album just gets better and better each listen and I’m sure that 2006 will be a big year for Glyder. www.mayfairmallzine.com

This issue of Hot Press

Glyder – Glyder [True Talent]

Lauded by Annihilator’s Jeff Waters and Hawkwind’s Dave Anderson, and produced by well known metal guru Chris Tsangarides (whose previous credits include Sabbath, Lizzy and Judas Priest), Irish Hard rockers Glyder are deliciously out of fashion. Their eponymous debut delivers great big slabs of rock rifferama, welded to some pretty decent melodies, particularily on tracks like the mid tempo ‘PUP’, the incendiary wig-out of ‘saving face’ and the infectious ‘Stargazer’. Listening to Glyder takes me back to my teens, when the only things bigger than the riffs were the hair-dos. Great Fun

Seven/Ten

battue said:
This issue of Hot Press

Glyder – Glyder [True Talent]

Lauded by Annihilator’s Jeff Waters and Hawkwind’s Dave Anderson, and produced by well known metal guru Chris Tsangarides (whose previous credits include Sabbath, Lizzy and Judas Priest), Irish Hard rockers Glyder are deliciously out of fashion. Their eponymous debut delivers great big slabs of rock rifferama, welded to some pretty decent melodies, particularily on tracks like the mid tempo ‘PUP’, the incendiary wig-out of ‘saving face’ and the infectious ‘Stargazer’. Listening to Glyder takes me back to my teens, when the only things bigger than the riffs were the hair-dos. Great Fun

Seven/Ten
THAT BETTER BE A RAINBOW COVER OR I'M GONNA BE VERY DISAPPOINTED. AND VINNIE TOO. AS WILL RICHARD BLACKMORE AND RONALD PADOVANA.
COME TO THINK OF IT...COZY MIGHT COME BACK AND HAUNT YA TOO.
OH I SEE HIS FACE, WHERE IS YOUR STAR.. IS IT FAR? IS IT FAR? IS IT FAAAR?
WHEN DO WE LEAVE??...I BELIEVE, YES, I BELIEEEEEVE

IN THE HEAT AND THE RAIN, WITH WHIPS AND CHAINS

ALLAHQUAANNNDOO!!
JUST TO SEE HIM FLY...SO MANY DIE...AND SO ON.

meta said:
boigaz, what was the Hawkwind track you played at last week's Skinny Wolves?

HAWKWIND.JPG

off this i think???

dunchee's cousin plays in glyder and seeming mongolia are gonna do a few gigs with them. deadly buzz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back