Giving Up Washing Your Hair (1 Viewer)

george mcfly

My Name Is Prince.
anytime i was my hair i end up looking like Lou Ferrigno as the Incredible Hulk. It's so straight it doesn't know how to handle shampoo
and then it takes about three days before it gets back to normal

so, then i remember reading in Smash Hits years ago about Take That stopping washing their hair.. something about how after five weeks or so, it starts to clean itself
and then you never have to worry about washing it anymore

has anyone ever tried this?

i remember not washing mine for three weeks before and it was fine..but i was worried it'd all start falling out

Take That kinda looked like krusties when they did it and i'm sure there were some mental problems involved, but it sounds like a good idea, no?

anytime i was my hair i end up looking like Lou Ferrigno as the Incredible Hulk. It's so straight it doesn't know how to handle shampoo
and then it takes about three days before it gets back to normal

My boyfriend has this same problem, so he doesn't wash his hair. It doesn't clean itself as such, but there's a point it reaches where it doesn't get any grosser.

Don't think your hair suffers, it's more your scalp, if it's all prone to the ichy dryness.

Apparently after about 5 weeks the sebaceous glands in your scalp adjust and only produce enough oil to protect the hair.

If you go this route I believe a lot of rigorous hair brushing is recommended. But there is no reason why this shouldn't be just fine. After all, shampoo is a relatively new invention and people seemed to manage pretty well without it in the past.

Wash it every other day or at least every third day (it will start to smell and if you use product is will become disgusting) and condition everyday. That's what I was told by my old hairdresser.

Hypertrichosis_Boy.jpg

Wash it every other day or at least every third day (it will start to smell and if you use product is will become disgusting) and condition everyday. That's what I was told by my old hairdresser.

Well of course a hairdresser would say that, desperate to re-inforce the hair product industry.

it's the same with dentists telling you brush twice a day, when once a week is grand.

Did you get that fringe you were talking about? Did you show the hairdresser your avatar and say "make it so"?

my friend once went through a phase of not washing his hair, just more rinising it through with water occasionally. It's grand like, but every couple of months you have to bite the bullet and shampoo... generally when you sit up in bed and the pillow comes with you... says my friend...

This was pre smoking ban too, so the top of your head generally always smelt of fags too... again, says my friend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back