Gis a gig, will ya? (1 Viewer)

Buzz Fledderjon

Website
www.myspace.com
i've only been in a band for barely a year (no priors like) and don't really know what i'm doing, but fecking hell, trying to organise gigs is the most annoying frustrating pile of bollucks in the world!!

we got acoustic tracks from when we were on college radio. it's only one song though, and half of another, cause the other one didn't come out great.

and that was a good while ago, so our sound has changed somewhat, though we still play that song. plus, on the recording, there's one acoustic guitar and 2 voices, as opposed to the 2 guitars, 2/3 vocals depending, bass, drums, and either guitar player can also double on piano/microkorg.

so sound is generally a bit fuller than the demos. which is unfortunate, cause it means whenever we do get offered a gig, it's generally from a singer songwriter type who isn't expecting a full band!

though then again, it has its good points too. we're playing with nina hynes in november. we just had to drop our drummer for that gig :p

oh, and might as well throw this out there, just on off chance someone actually takes it seriously :p

http://www.myspace.com/halfthebandiusedtobe

it's a bit of a catch 22, cause ya don't get any gigs unless ya have music, but generally, yer not good enough to record the songs unless you have played a few gigs together first.

errah fuck it. i'll just find some pretty young thing with a voice and write/produce some pop songs for her :cool:

yerrah aye. i moved to cork around 4 years ago for college, and spent a while just being a fan, going to gigs, etc..before deciding to give it a crack meself. and that was purely just by chance too!

mostly, it's luck of who a friend knows, or what you've done for a band before, etc...

wouldn't mind, but there's few names we could name drop if we wanted to go that way, but it takes from the nice sense of achievement when ya finally get something sorted!!

yerrah aye. i moved to cork around 4 years ago for college, and spent a while just being a fan, going to gigs, etc..before deciding to give it a crack meself. and that was purely just by chance too!

mostly, it's luck of who a friend knows, or what you've done for a band before, etc...

wouldn't mind, but there's few names we could name drop if we wanted to go that way, but it takes from the nice sense of achievement when ya finally get something sorted!!

thing was i spent years doing for other bands and whatnot, but when it came to organising stuff for myself i was not at my best

- leigh

It's very easy and quick to record these days.
If you sound nothing like your myspace songs, you're probably doing more harm than good having them up there.
First impressions and all that.
Just get someone to record one song for you, use that to get gigs.

Mind you, I'm trying to get my shit together to get some gigs at the minute.
It's no fun.
A guy was telling me how they played a gig in voodoo recently and brought the backline.
Got onstage at 11 to find that the support had put their pints on top of the amps.
Pints fall, spill on amp.
Glass/booze all over the stage.
Amp no worky.
No gig.
Fuck that.

It's no fun.
A guy was telling me how they played a gig in voodoo recently and brought the backline.
Got onstage at 11 to find that the support had put their pints on top of the amps.
Amp no worky.
No gig.
Fuck that.

glass in support bands face?

It's no fun.
Amp no worky.
No gig.
Fuck that.

OUCH!

Fuck that indeed.

Giz a gig too.

I'm hijacking the thread. Giz a gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back