Gigs are a deadly buzz (1 Viewer)

george mcfly said:
at a gig in the sfx there was this lad crowd surfing and my mate said he had a boner. which he found out as he surfed over his head. dirty rocker

see? GIG BONER. i'm not fucking crazy after all!

Some drunk kid attempted to drunkenly grope me in a crush/mosh (I had long hair at the time) thinking I was girl at this terrible Therapy? gig in the point. Boy did I punch him. Unfortunately the mosh meant it was difficult to aim/ chamber punches.

Man that gig was fucking awfull. Loads of drunk kids everywhere puking and fighting and trying to grope each other :eek: :(

Unclealo said:
Some drunk kid attempted to drunkenly grope me in a crush/mosh (I had long hair at the time) thinking I was girl at this terrible Therapy? gig in the point. Boy did I punch him. Unfortunately the mosh meant it was difficult to aim/ chamber punches.

Man that gig was fucking awfull. Loads of drunk kids everywhere puking and fighting and trying to grope each other :eek: :(
check out temper boy!!! :p

It seems I went to a lot of gigs last year and very few so far this year.

The thing I like least about gigs is when there's lots of unemotive spas that just stand around stroking their beards and keeping their coats on.

If I'm enjoying a gig I just beam like this :D the whole time.

Yeah gigs are great. You get good t-shirts as well to show people where you been. I got my boyfriend at a gig too.

I stagedived at the wedding present in galway, too drunk to realise everyone was in their late 30s, fat and balding. They got out of my way (polite of them) and i made shite of my back.

haha, I met mine during Earl Brutus at Reading in 98.

Despite this possibly un-auspicious start (though EB were deadlee back in the day) we are very happy together.

So in summary, gigs rock. Without them my social life would be severely curtailed.

Zita said:
I got my boyfriend at a gig too.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I stagedived at the wedding present in galway, too drunk to realise everyone was in their late 30s, fat and balding. They got out of my way (polite of them) and i made shite of my back.
no matter where i am or what i'm doing when i hear the wedding present's blue eyes i stagedive. stage and audience completely uneccessary.

hanley said:
cardiff,
ah poo....

london too

Watch out gerbils!
Bong-Ra, Enduser and Shitmat are combining forces to bring you a magical mystery mash-up tour in 2005.
The three most devistating ruffnecked Monsters of Mash-up will be raving across Europe! A triple package which is set to rumble the raves and destoy many eardrums

..............................................................................................................................................................................

TOUR SCHEDULE

WEDNESDAY 4 MAY - POSTGARAGE : GRAZ (AUSTRIA)
THURSDAY 5 MAY - ROENTGEN : KRAKOW (POLAND)
FRIDAY 6 MAY - BASTARD AM PRATER : BERLIN (GERMANY)
SATURDAY 7 MAY - CHANNEL ZERO : LJUBLJANA (SLOVENIA)
TUESDAY 10 MAY - PARADISO : AMSTERDAM (NETHERLANDS)
THURSDAY 12 MAY - PARKHOF : ALKMAAR (NETHERLANDS)
FRIDAY 13 MAY - FESTIVAL : OUDENAARDE (BELGIUM)
SATURDAY 14 MAY - KAMIKAZE KLUB : RENNES (FRANCE)
THURSDAY 19 MAY - KALKBREITE : ZURICH (SWITZERLAND)
FRIDAY 20 MAY - CORE A CORE - BRUSSELS (BELGIUM)
SATURDAY 21 MAY - NIGHTTOWN : ROTTERDAM (NETHERLANDS)
MONDAY 23 MAY - TECHNOPHAGY : LEEDS (ENGLAND)
TUESDAY 24 MAY - LUMIN : LONDON (ENGLAND)
WEDNESDAY 25 MAY - WRONG MUSIC vs MOTION SICKNESS : BRIGHTON (ENGLAND)
THURSDAY 26 MAY - LESSON MO.1 : CARDIFF (WALES)
FRIDAY 27 MAY - MOOG BAR : NOTTINGHAM (ENGLAND)

Jaysus, NomeansNO 94, that takes me back. Saw them in the Village last year - theyre all getting on at this stage - you wouldnt think it to see them though - it was brilliant. One of the best gigs Ive ever been at.

aoifed said:
This is a thread just for blabbin about gigs because they're such a deadly buzz. For the last year or so I fuckin hated shows. Dunno why, but I've just started enjoying them again.

The best gig I ever ever went to was Cardiacs in Doncaster in 99. I have never felt so elated and in awe of a band in my life. I think it's one of the happiest moments of my life. Also, seeing Nomeansno live for the first time in 94 in the Furnace. Fucking unreal. These things just make me so happy to think about em.
I'm really glad I got to see Pixies live last year too, great show, not incredible, but I fulfilled my ambition of seeing my top 5 favourite bands of all time live.

So inanyways, I'm very excited about Rufus Wainwright next Tuesday. I :heart: Rufus. I'm listening to Want One over and over while I write essays (Oi, Dermody, 500 lines: Thumped does not = 'getting some work done') and I can't concentrate. Also can't wait for Hot Snakes. Ah gigs.

aw, i love the cardiacs. never saw 'em live though.

aoifed said:
This is a thread just for blabbin about gigs because they're such a deadly buzz. For the last year or so I fuckin hated shows. Dunno why, but I've just started enjoying them again.

The best gig I ever ever went to was Cardiacs in Doncaster in 99. I have never felt so elated and in awe of a band in my life. I think it's one of the happiest moments of my life. Also, seeing Nomeansno live for the first time in 94 in the Furnace. Fucking unreal. These things just make me so happy to think about em.
I'm really glad I got to see Pixies live last year too, great show, not incredible, but I fulfilled my ambition of seeing my top 5 favourite bands of all time live.

So inanyways, I'm very excited about Rufus Wainwright next Tuesday. I :heart: Rufus. I'm listening to Want One over and over while I write essays (Oi, Dermody, 500 lines: Thumped does not = 'getting some work done') and I can't concentrate. Also can't wait for Hot Snakes. Ah gigs.

Unclealo said:

ha ha . that was the first gig i was ever at. i was a drunk kid. can't remember if it was me that groped you, most likely not. apologies if it was. :heart:

egg_ said:
I hardly ever go to non-local gigs
Hmmm actually I don't go to too may gigs of any sort. Perhaps I should start. Ah all the gigs I've missed cos I thought they might be good but not quite brilliant - Bowie in the Olympia that time, Bjork in the Olympia, Missy Elliot, Kelis. All those missed opportunities

I was at the bowie gig in the olympia, it was savage, one of my favourite gigs ever. Saw kelis in '99 and was totally underwhelmed.
Best series of band viewings was august 2000: In the space of two weeks i saw amazing shows by sigur ros, the flaming lips, underworld, cypress hill, death in vegas, leftfield, clinic, badly drawn boy, queens of the stone age, and you will know us by the trail of dead, utah saints(with edwin starr!), elliott smith, calexico, at the drive in, the dirty three, doves, daphne and celeste, beck, zan lyons, dj swamp and the creators

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back