gig moments best and worstest (1 Viewer)

Pantone247 said:
My Field of Dreams turned out to be a land fill of broken promises Hec

I've no place for shady promises of better days now, I've bottomed out and I'm willing to accept it. Things peaked at the age of 17 and it's a slow run down hill to sponge baths and incontence from here on in.

I'm living for them sponge baths
jesus, that's ahrsh. if i thought for a second you had even one redeemable feature, i'd be heartbroken. as it is, a graphic designer, tool of mephistopheles, is plagued by enniu. fair enough, i say.

Hector Grey said:
jesus, that's ahrsh. if i thought for a second you had even one redeemable feature, i'd be heartbroken. as it is, a graphic designer, tool of mephistopheles, is plagued by enniu. fair enough, i say.

implying I'm plauged with enniu is implying I still feel something Heccy my dear

that I expected something more from the prostitution of my eye for a snppy asthetic to the drak lord of marketing

but wrong on both counts, I'm afraid. The only emotion I have left is sorrow and pity for the young fools who haven't realsied life has sold them a dummy, and that the oft promised pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, is just a cauldron of piss.

Pantone247 said:
implying I'm plauged with enniu is implying I still feel something Heccy my dear

that I expected something more from the prostitution of my eye for a snppy asthetic to the drak lord of marketing

but wrong on both counts, I'm afraid. The only emotion I have left is sorrow and pity for the young fools who haven't realsied life has sold them a dummy, and that the oft promised pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, is just a cauldron of piss.
yeah, it's fucking tough all over, isn't it? why don't you write some poetry or dress up as a girl or some goth bullshit. kill everyone in your office. if your office happens to be the office of hot pres, all the better.

Hector Grey said:
yeah, it's fucking tough all over, isn't it? why don't you write some poetry or dress up as a girl or some goth bullshit. kill everyone in your office. if your office happens to be the office of hot pres, all the better.

ah I'll probably just have a few beers tonight

not a final soloution granted, but keeps me ticking over

it's good to have you back, really brightens the place up

kirstie said:
my abiding memory of this gig is that julianne whatshername from all about eve came on stage wearing a backless crushed velvet frite-frock, complete with highly visible shiny white bra

style = none

who were the other support??

oh yes!

were you crushed during the Plainsong/Pictures Of You/Closedown start?

other support: Shelleyan Orphan. had a great song called "Stutter"

Best gigs:
Arthur Lee at this village earlier this year was fantastic, he was great at the ambassador last year too, manics at the olympia about 6 years ago, radiohead at the olympia in may, flaming lips at v2000, jurassic 5 at the red box earlier this year. Elliott Smith and badly drawn boy at reading 2000.(i'm sure there's been some really good gigs before this year, but i can't remember many off the top of my head.)

Worst gigs:
Gold Chains at the music centre last year
Cat Power at whelans this year, walked out pretty quickly
not a whole gig, but walking through a field at v99 and realising that shed seven were on stage was pretty horrible

old said:
Here. Andy. Have I got the hang of this yet?
if u zayzo
tara jane o'neill was retarded. i find it hard to belive that someone who has been playing in bands and releasing records for 10 odd years can look so out of place 'performing' - or maybe that was the performance, but the world already has a stupid bitch for that kind of bullshit and her name is Cat Power. don';t need 2 stupid broads like that.

andrew!!!

Ed said:
not a whole gig, but walking through a field at v99 and realising that shed seven were on stage was pretty horrible
urghh. actually, if we're going to count "bands accidentally seen at festivals", i inadvertently saw some of the corrs at glastonbury one year. in, er, a state unconducive to being able to cope with seeing the corrs. or corrs fans. the horror.

minka said:
urghh. actually, if we're going to count "bands accidentally seen at festivals", i inadvertently saw some of the corrs at glastonbury one year. in, er, a state unconducive to being able to cope with seeing the corrs. or corrs fans. the horror.

corrs fans??? What is this "corrsfans" of which you speaK?

Best moments:
Dan Treacy between-song banter - "he should be doing stand up".
Grant Hart doing "Hardly Getting Over It" in his first Uk show after Hüsker Dü split.
Various Sonic Youth guitar acrobatics.
Renegade Soundwave pulling it off when everybody expected a karaoke shambles, likewise the Pooh Sticks.
Galaxie 500 "we're gonna rock you one more time".
Arthur Lee & Love when the horns and strings kicked in.
Sultans of Ping: the first time.
Evan Dando greatest hits at Whelans (shame about the encore)
Butthole Surfers synchronised Sweatloaf.
My Bloody Valentine 1988: believe the hype.
Hysterical reaction to The Smiths.

Disappointed: Stone Roses Alexandra Palace, Mercury Rev Olympia, Pavement TBMC. Jesus & Mary Chain Brixton, Primal Scream SFX, Stones at Wembley, Air Witness.

nlgbbbblth said:
oh yes!

were you crushed during the Plainsong/Pictures Of You/Closedown start?

other support: Shelleyan Orphan. had a great song called "Stutter"

I can't rememeber actually - it's got to be about 14 years ago now?? I do recall it being really, really fucking hot though

half the people who was there loved it and half them hated it... i like tara jane. she has a bit of an attitude, she's american etc... but she still makes really nice records.

RAD-ALARM said:
if u zayzo
tara jane o'neill was retarded. i find it hard to belive that someone who has been playing in bands and releasing records for 10 odd years can look so out of place 'performing' - or maybe that was the performance, but the world already has a stupid bitch for that kind of bullshit and her name is Cat Power. don';t need 2 stupid broads like that.

andrew!!!

Best: Fugazi, Blonde Redhead, Brainiac, Low at Christchurch

Worst:Steve Cuntface from Gavement opening the Ambassador, stupid girlfriend singing, I hated it and paid over twenty pounds in, he is a prick in my book forever

best - pixies at national stadium around '90

worst - van the fucking man walking off stage at temple bar blues fest after about 2 songs (he couldn't hear the pianist apparently), happy mondays at feile (or just about any gig they played), absolute shambles

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back