gig moments best and worstest (2 Viewers)

spose - dirty three whelans or sebadoh rock garden many years agog.

worst emm .... probably every gig ive been to in the last 6 years. each worse than the last.

best moments: dave pajo with his technicoloured dress singing last caress. ...trail of dead with stupid singing fish thing. sigur ros when they supported godspeed here, the visuals just made it great.

worst moments: muder city devils singer dowing a bottle of jd, puking up and slipping on his puke and screaming so loud i could feel my head pulsate and me ear nearly dropped off. still have tinnitus to this day. also richie egan getting electrocuted.

Best ones:
JSBX supporting the Beastie Boys at the RDS '94 -theremintastic! Sparklehorse in Whelans in '98

Worst ones:

Recent Smog one at Whelans: zzzzzzzzzzzz
Cornershop in the Olympia: Showed up late and played about 6 songs including a bone lazy 20 minute version of Julianere Sher (or however you spell it) :mad:

best: nick cave at the hammersmith apollo in london this year. 20 quid and he played with all the bad seeds (minus blixa bargeld) for over two hours. we got cheapo stand down the back tickets, but about five songs in everyone just strolled down to the front of the stage, no hassle from security at all!

worst: mark mulcahys eyes rolling back into his head, pausing mid song to try and get a harmonica into a gaping beer hungry mouth. he sweated through about an hour of a set, more out of his head than ever ive seen a man alive. he's usually deadly tho i think he was just a bit of a beer baron that day.

Rimbaud said:
Best:
(1)Insulting Godspeed You Black Emperor after they`re fantastic gig in Galway.(It was seriously one of the best performances i`ve seen by a band - but i told them they were crap anyway)They got very defensive actually.

i bet they didn't take kindly to that! top gig all the same...the band were about 2 feet from the crowd!! .|..|

one of the best: dirty 3 in mean fiddler december 1998 - they just got across town after supporting pj harvey and they played 'authentic celectial music'. then this drunk guy clambered on stage and asked warren ellis to dance with him. so, much to the annoyance of the bouncers, warren does, while still playing. then drunk guy extends his hands asking for the violin! so warren gives him the instrument and the bemused drunk sits down on the monitor and begins to saw away at it with the bow while warren goes and fiddles with his distortion pedals and stuff! then he gets the violin back and the guy literally falls over/slides to the ground. bouncers come to take him away buy ellis snarls at them "het the fuck away from him he's my friend!" and stands over the passed out guy serenading him!! :)

(it was also my first time seeing them so the warren ellis gobbing experience was new to me...the stage was swimming with his saliva i reckon!! :eek: )

worst: morrsissey, galway, 1999. :mad:

Keeror said:
Do you mean where one shits and pisses oneself simultaneously?
Did you not excuse yourself and go to the bathroom?
Were the Dead Plants the cause of said no.3?

You are a Dermody and I claim my prize.

Maths obviously isn't your strong point.
And although I have been mistaken for one on occasion, I am not and never shall be a Dermody.

Unclealo said:
Best ones:
JSBX supporting the Beastie Boys at the RDS '94 -theremintastic! Sparklehorse in Whelans in '98

Worst ones:

Recent Smog one at Whelans: zzzzzzzzzzzz
Cornershop in the Olympia: Showed up late and played about 6 songs including a bone lazy 20 minute version of Julianere Sher (or however you spell it) :mad:

Remember Cornershop in Fibbers- jaysis that was that bad!

and who is this Wareen Ellis guy? Not the comic writer i presume?

Best:
i) Drive Like Jehu at TJs Newport. So loud. So deadly.
ii) Suicidal Tendencies and MOD at Top Hat. The subtle and sophisticated humour of a heckled Billy Milano. "Is that your girlfriend? She didn't mention that when I fucked her earlier."
iii) Ivor Cutler at some London theatre and two weeks later in Barnet.
iv) The Darkness in two weeks

Worst:
i) Cat Power in Whelans the first time.
ii) Interpol supporting Cornelius. Almost glassed the fuckers.
iii) That band with people fired from Spiritualised.
iv) Some post rocky lady in Whelans. Uhhm. Can't recall who she was, but she was from Chicago and I wished her ill.

Aye. Tara Jane O'Neil. Utterly lousy.
Glad someone liked her.

Psyche. It makes me think less of you, Pantone.

Psyche. Not really.

Here. Andy. Have I got the hang of this yet?

old said:
Aye. Tara Jane O'Neil. Utterly lousy.
Glad someone liked her.

did not an acoustic 'Arse support her or am i hallucinating? :confused:

she was doing her 'vacant' thing..... interviewed her later and apparently she spent the entire interview with her hand down the back of her trousers according to eye witness james-maersk-deadslackstring!! (we were standing at the bar)...

i may be hallucinating...

Pantone247 said:
the lady friend of the time enoyed her too,
we came out all stoned buzzing and deadly

"look it's joss!! yay!! hey joss!! wasn't that *so* deadly!!"

"no, I thought she was shit"

"oh... um...bye Joss"

way to kill a buzz dude

:)
do you miss her i wonder. ah, when things go south, and it's more than tardy dead oneels can cope with, the oppressive hum of expectant disapointment in the air. don't you people believe any more? who's up for some field of dreams?

Hector Grey said:
do you miss her i wonder. ah, when things go south, and it's more than tardy dead oneels can cope with, the oppressive hum of expectant disapointment in the air. don't you people believe any more? who's up for some field of dreams?

My Field of Dreams turned out to be a land fill of broken promises Hec

I've no place for shady promises of better days now, I've bottomed out and I'm willing to accept it. Things peaked at the age of 17 and it's a slow run down hill to sponge baths and incontence from here on in.

I'm living for them sponge baths

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back