gig moments best and worstest (1 Viewer)

BEST: starting the sample for 'the soundwaves, reversing!' at man or astroman in the TBMC. being a retard nerd paid off for wance.

WORST: but also the real best - this crazy guy who played before the first jimmy cake gig. can't remember his name......oh it was william wade! that was wicked weird. a truely bizarre person.

RAD-ALARM said:
WORST: but also the real best - this crazy guy who played before the first jimmy cake gig. can't remember his name......oh it was william wade! that was wicked weird. a truely bizarre person.

i'd totally forgotten about that. wow.

RAD-ALARM said:

he was truly astonishing. i seem to remember a large part of his set consisting of the first line of "come as you are" repeated over and over again, followed by an abba "medley".

needless to say, nobody had asked him to play, he sort of invited himself.

best: being down the front at a pantera gig when i was about 14 and everybody looking out for each other.

worst: babybird at the ilford island, the whole thing (don't ask).

Best: At Slayer / Nuclear Assault in the Top Hat - nordy Paul McEnroe throwing a noose at John Connelly & them playing Hang The Pope.

Worst: The Slowest Clock supporting Fugazi in McGonagles. Worst band ever.

Best: Cure RDS... nearly there but two years later Pet Shop Boys played the Point and i've never seen anything quite as amazing before or since...

Worst: Prolly the Charlatans in the Top Hat earlyer that same year... utter bolix... or emotional Fish in cork... christ actually theres too many

Ian said:
Best: Cure RDS... nearly there but two years later Pet Shop Boys played the Point and i've never seen anything quite as amazing before or since...

Worst: Prolly the Charlatans in the Top Hat earlyer that same year... utter bolix... or emotional Fish in cork... christ actually theres too many

yeah PSB then was great. up there
Charlatans gig I think was late 1990 around the time of Some Friendly - I thought it was average - not the worst ever like

nlgbbbblth said:
Best: The Cure: RDS 1989

my abiding memory of this gig is that julianne whatshername from all about eve came on stage wearing a backless crushed velvet frite-frock, complete with highly visible shiny white bra

style = none

who were the other support??

Best:
(1)Insulting Godspeed You Black Emperor after they`re fantastic gig in Galway.(It was seriously one of the best performances i`ve seen by a band - but i told them they were crap anyway)They got very defensive actually.
(2) Warzone fest.
(3)Tristeza/Shalabi Effect in Amsterdam.

Worst:
(1)Vv/M
(2)Stricknein D.C.....ugh..

Best: Watching Phil Kay drag a certain guitarist from a certain Dublin 9 piece onto the stage in the Funnel then wrap him up with the mike lead, spin him around on his back and than throw his fags into the crowd ( for being a stinge that only buys tens). Ho ho. Or when Warren Ellis waded into the crowd in Whelans and persuaded everyone to sit on the ground while he sat playing in the middle.

Worst: Having to endure a number three at a Dead Plants gig. Anyone who's ever had one knows what one is.

Wheels said:
Worst: Having to endure a number three at a Dead Plants gig. Anyone who's ever had one knows what one is.

Do you mean where one shits and pisses oneself simultaneously?
Did you not excuse yourself and go to the bathroom?
Were the Dead Plants the cause of said no.3?

You are a Dermody and I claim my prize.

slayer gig was ace. that is all.

william wade was a legend. a legend of nuts. a nutty legend. a wierdo. a nutter. nuts.

Anthony said:
Worst: (of bigish gigs) Mercury Rev in the Olympia on the Deserters Songs tour.

ha ha ha bizzare, I was about to say one of my tops moments would be Mercury Rev in the Olympia! They played there twice in quite quick sucsession and the night I refer to was pretty empty. Anyhow I think it's a lot to do with the fact that I was absolutely wrecked and thought Johnathan Rev was Satan, but a nice smiley druggy Satan who wanted to wash my brain with feedback and be my buddy. The whole thing for me was the denition of the word Pyschadelic.

I'm not a huge Mercury Rev fan, but thay really blew me away that night.
I've seen them since and have been very underwhelmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back