• Views 6K
  • Watchers 7
Re: older punx

Originally posted by damolly
WHERE WERE YOU IN '79 WHEN THE DAM BEGAN TO BURST
DID YOU CHECK 'EM OUT DOWN AT YOUR LOCAL STORE
WERE YOU WEARING DENIM, WEARING LEATHER DID YOU RUN DOWN TO THE FRONT
DID YOU QUEUE FOR YOUR TICKET THROUGH THE ICE & SNOW

No...I was a tadpole in me Da's mickey...now fuck off.

Does it really bother you that "there is a lot of fucking "i'll say what i want regardless of how harsh it is and what the consequences might be""? People can and do say what they like, and bear the consequences, what some people would call "free speech", would you rather people abided by exterior guidelines regarding what they were saying or that they expressed what they were thinking at the time (actually dont answer that we are still talking about an indyeirecore you know...)
Irish punks are indeed nice. Their over-developed sense of irony and sarcasm shouldn't be seen as a barrier to friendliness, but merely a natural result of being raised in such an environment, a fertile breeding-ground for much laughter and wacky hi-jinks. Spa is indeed a horrible word, which is why I chose it to offend somebody. Cunts who sit indoors philosophising over what punk is and imply that people shouldn't always express how they feel are just asking for abuse. Whining fucking gee-bags...
(and yes i am aware of the irony of this post)

Originally posted by abdul alhazerad
(and yes i am aware of the irony of this post)

and that makes it ok.

:) :) :) :)

At the end of the day, its safe to say that if you aren't a mate of Deko's, Spent a whole gig drinking in the jacks of the Fusion Bar, Have a tape of either Holochrist or Stimatamartyr, be able to retell the story about the Chosen Few bikers Vs the punks in the Chinaman or if you cant even remember the Chinaman, then you're not fucking punk, end of story.

Moral of the story is:
I think everybody who didnt go to Thursday's gig is a wanker and is helping the scene die.

Thank you and Good Night

i'm kind of new to the scene-i'm 15-i've spent around 2 years listening to punk and have built a pretty good collection-before i was only going to gigs like propagandhi and bad religion etc. but recently went to the CHILDREN OF FALL gig. it was brilliant-great to be in such a small venue-had a nice feel to it. loved scared shitless and puget sound. hope to go to more gigs now. here, however, are my problems:
1.i live in the arsehole of nowhere-do you guys know ray McCullough-i live in more of an arsehole than him!(well only slightly)this makes transport hard with an annoying 1/2-45 minute walk to the bus-in the cold its a right bitch!
2.i sometimes never catch wind of gigs till they've gone and passed although thumped does help solve that
3.i dont know what bands play what music? i'm thinking joan of arse-ah i'll check them out-suddenly their being bad mouthed by punks-I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY PLAY DAMMIT!
Finally,i am aprehensive right now of venues and their strictness of 18+ rule-could somebody help me out here and warn me what venues are strict as its enough hassle to get to town even worse if im then refused at the door-

there's my manifesto-now put it to the testo
Weh's me jumpa weh's me jumpa-OH NO!-i'll stop now........

1. 30 min.s walk in the cold could be a slight pain in the arse but if you`re coming home from a good gig it should be well worth it. Get a few mates walking with you and it should be a laugh.
2. Keeping checking thumped and this message board and look for posters in the corridor leading to Mero`s (Secret Book and Record Store) and other places (music shops & restraunts) if you`re in town.
3. There`s normally brief descriptions on posters and here that will give an idea but after you`ve gone to a few gigs you`ll start getiing an idea of the local bands at least.
4. 18+ will almost definitely apply to all evening gigs in pubs but if you look oldish you should be grand. Most venues don`t even have bouncers.

strange guy-no i haven't got any sisters just a younger brother growing his hair-thats the closest i have-sorry........lol

winty-thanx for the answers. helpful. but for question 1-walking home with a few mates-got none that live near me! unless i invite them to stay that night but they always eat my food drink my drink and stink up tha joint............

I know what you mean cos it used to be real intimidating for us to go to gigs comin' up from d'oul country and all. If you need somewhere to stay after a gig instead of having to go real early on the last bus or whatever you're welcome to stay in our gaff...everyone does anyway, hahahah...ha....haaaa. ha. shit.

But really, you are welcome to. Just post a message here or e-mail me or Winty or someone. There's a description of loads of the bands around on the Eirecore site (click on the banner at the top of the screen that says Irish Punk).

Was that you wearing the No Idea hoody?

mark, i know its shit here in the winter but in the summer its deadly, wonderin down country lanes wit your pockets full of cans and a joint, especially when its dark, ive even cycled home a few times after gigs when im pissed and its cool cos theres no street lights or traffic, and you wouldnt be able to play drums so much wit pissy neighbours right next to you, the gig this friday in the temple will be cool and youd get in there no problemo.........and you spelt my name wrong cunt

yeh-that was me in the no idea hoodie! in the V.I.P area too! a gig on Friday? dont you know the toy show is on dat day man!!!! ARE YOU INSANE! ah no seriously-i'll see if any of my mates are up for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back