GGI 2005 idea... (2 Viewers)

NecroSteve

I've had a thought - it'd seem like a right laugh to get a load of people together for a cycling tour to next year's GGI in Groningen. Just putting it forward for now, if anyone's got any better ideas or reasons why it could all go wrong, let's hear from ye.

well first off, you'll need a load of marshalls along the side of the roads handing those little plastic cups filled with Buckfast to the cyclists... otherwise it just wouldnt work

NecroSteve said:
I've had a thought - it'd seem like a right laugh to get a load of people together for a cycling tour to next year's GGI in Groningen. Just putting it forward for now, if anyone's got any better ideas or reasons why it could all go wrong, let's hear from ye.
eh the countryside around groningen is as far from picturesque as you could possibly imagine so it would be a jaunt for the hardcore speed merchants only! was only talking to friends from there when I was over last and they are still traumatised from childhood memories of having to cycle 20K every day to and from school in the wind and rain!

was only talking to friends from there when I was over last and they are still traumatised from childhood memories of having to cycle 20K every day to and from school in the wind and rain!

Some people are so bourgeois.

yeah, meself and the bird were thinking about this one too. i reckon bust a ferry across to the brits and then cycle across engurland where we could get a ferry to amsterdam and then cycle to groningen. don't know the costs though and if loads of people were into it then we'd probably have to stay in campshites. but who knows, needs a bit more research i guess.

NecroSteve said:

Bring tents! Light campfires! Meet new people! Scab their cans!

I was thinking more along the lines of ferry to France then going all the way along the north-west edge of the continent, but I suppose there's less language barriers if you go across Britain.

yeah only prob with the ferry to france is that it would take ages to get to north-eastern holland. maybe if people are interested we could all meet up at some point and see what ideas people come up with.

NecroSteve said:
Bring tents! Light campfires! Meet new people! Scab their cans!

I was thinking more along the lines of ferry to France then going all the way along the north-west edge of the continent, but I suppose there's less language barriers if you go across Britain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back