getting a bigger screen (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
I'd love to get one of those 30" ones ( http://www.apple.com/displays/ ) but the apple site says you need to get a new graphics card to run it. Plus given that it costs loads already I want suggestions/opinions on large non-apple ones.

what's a good size? Good make? Works best with my mac.

my mac is the Dual processor version of this
http://www.apple-history.com/?page=gallery&model=g4_quicksilver&performa=off&sort=family&order=ASC
Notes
The Dual 800 MHz model shipped with an NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 64 MB Twinview graphics card.

I'ld say Apple will be updating those displays fairly soon.What with the recent price drop and the new 24" iMac .I'll bet they come out with new displays with built in iSight and possibly with a ir remote for front row soon to compliment the new MacPro.
You could buy a data projector, THIS one looks pretty cool...er...if a "little" pricey.

I'd love to get one of those 30" ones ( http://www.apple.com/displays/ ) but the apple site says you need to get a new graphics card to run it. Plus given that it costs loads already I want suggestions/opinions on large non-apple ones.

what's a good size? Good make? Works best with my mac.

my mac is the Dual processor version of this
http://www.apple-history.com/?page=gallery&model=g4_quicksilver&performa=off&sort=family&order=ASC
Notes
The Dual 800 MHz model shipped with an NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 64 MB Twinview graphics card.

I don't know Macs, but I can't help think there's no way in hell a 64MB GeForce2 MX is going to be able to output resolutions anywhere near the capability of that display.

what kind of resolution do you get now? A bog standard 32" LCD tellybox with DVI in would give you 1366x768, although you'd want to check if that video card / drivers can output at that resolution (it might be restricted to 1280x768, like)

Thanks.
Any other options for 20" or bigger. There must be loads of makes.
i'm looking at getting a 20.1" widescreen at the moment, which would be 1680x1050 resolution. Philips do a nice one (check on dabs.com), as do Belinea (overclockers.co.uk have the best price for the 102035W right now I think)

see dell 23", plenty of different inputs, apparently quite decent. apple 23" is also quite nice, and plenty big enough (res is 1920x1200). we have one in the office here, and one of the 30"ers, and while the big one is nice, it's starting to get to the point where i have to turn my head to look at different parts of the screen, not just my eyes.

got a 23" apple cinema display delivered today. Taks a bit of getting used to.
I can run the 23" and my old 17". Truely amazing.

Started using iCal too. I can now have it constantly in the old moniter.

Now it just has to pay for itself.

got a 23" apple cinema display delivered today. Taks a bit of getting used to.
I can run the 23" and my old 17". Truely amazing.

Started using iCal too. I can now have it constantly in the old moniter.

Now it just has to pay for itself.

i bit the bullet and ordered a 20" widescreen mongitor the other day WHICH HASN'T FUCKING TURNED UP YET.

now i've discovered there's a cheaper / better LG one out now. bah.

i bit the bullet and ordered a 20" widescreen mongitor the other day WHICH HASN'T FUCKING TURNED UP YET.

now i've discovered there's a cheaper / better LG one out now. bah.

Return unopened when it appears, order cheaper/better one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back