Bluetooth, AirPort etc???? (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
I have a PowerMac G4, this one, http://www.apple-history.com/?page=gallery&model=g4_mirror&performa=off&sort=date&order=ASC no blurtooth and no airport.
The wan has just bought a brand new ibook, this one, http://www.apple-history.com/?page=gallery&model=ibook_g4_mid_05&performa=off&sort=date&order=ASC which has bluetooth and airport extreme.

What do i need to add to my desktop mac to allow for wireless networking between the two? I may also want to "go wireless" with keyboard, mouse and printer at some point too. Plus we want to be able to share the same broadband connection that comes into the house (I may have to call UTV about this).

So far I think my options are to add an Airport Card to my G4 or get a D-Link Bluetooth adapter, which is a little USB thingy.

ideas?

if you buy an aiport card for your desktop, you can then get any wireless router and hook it up to your utv broaband connection. the wireless router will share the internet and also act as a connection between your desktop and laptop.

bluetooth is a waste of space, unless you really want your wireless keyboard/mouse.

Stacy said:
if you buy an aiport card for your desktop, you can then get any wireless router and hook it up to your utv broaband connection. the wireless router will share the internet and also act as a connection between your desktop and laptop.

bluetooth is a waste of space, unless you really want your wireless keyboard/mouse.
what she said

Thanks. What do you know about Airport Cards vs Airport Extreme Cards. On Apple's site there is a stragely worded bit about Airport Ready Macs cannot take Airport Extreme Cards. How do I know if my Mac is Airport Ready or Airport Extreme Ready? Nuts innit?

Anthony said:
Thanks. What do you know about Airport Cards vs Airport Extreme Cards. On Apple's site there is a stragely worded bit about Airport Ready Macs cannot take Airport Extreme Cards. How do I know if my Mac is Airport Ready or Airport Extreme Ready? Nuts innit?

id say give apple Ireland a ring with the model number of your machine and ask them. their number is 1800 92 38 98

also geting one of those fancy Base Station yokes. Got an education discount on account of my mrs being a teacher and I get to claim the vat on account of my being a self employed retch. Sexy results indeed!

think i'm gonna ask santa for a VAT number this year...

Anthony said:
also geting one of those fancy Base Station yokes. Got an education discount on account of my mrs being a teacher and I get to claim the vat on account of my being a self employed retch. Sexy results indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back