Get your demo recorded. Free!! (1 Viewer)

GrrrrRürer--
will ya record my band? We're doing kinda oldskool Daniel O'donnel jams with down tuned guitars through an acre of Marshalls, a children's choir, 29 rappers, 12 dozen dj's, several pieces of field artillery, nine hundred gongs, and a windmill. If you don't like Pro Tools, how're ye gonna autotune my class falsetto warbling? I need reverb on every other syllable, and at least 600 sq meters for my drum kit. Oh, and can you make it sound more like heavy air in an underwater palace?

Originally posted by dubh in seattle
Oh, and can you make it sound more like heavy air in an underwater palace?

Did someone ever request that from you? Because if they did, there's a bullet out there somewhere with their name on it.

Sure, Dubh. No problemo. First I'll route the vocals through my Mutron Bi-Phase(tm), then I'll split the signal out to my prophylactic-anstiseptic frequency dislocator. Next, I mic up a fax machine copying photos of David Schwimmer and blend the two tracks to taste. I can't tell you any more, however, as I'd be giving away all my secrets.

Can you record me singing "Someone Left The Cake OUt In The Rain" while a gang of 7 youths from Ballydehob kick seven shades of shit out of me with snooker balls with socks in them?

I reckon three takes and I'd nail it.

Hey mate, the best way to record somebody gettin' the shiznit kicked outta them is to use a internal rectal probe mic; a thin condenser is good, but some clients prefer like a large tube mic... oh, and GrrrRrrrer, where'd you get yer prophylactic-anstiseptic frequency dislocator? Ever since Albini mentioned using one in an interview, the prices for em on ebay have gone through the roof! I have a couple anarchic-timbral-fist-lickers, almost as good, but not the same time domain THD diversional replication absentee charachteristics...

I make my own, using schematics translated from an obscure nostradamus quatrain. And into each one, I slip a piece of paper that reads....

jiggajigga chunk chunk screeeeeee buggahduhbuggahduhbumdoopah.....yarrrrl

The sparkly new mics are winging their way back from Chicago as we speak. I'm gonna get back to everyone who's mailed me so far, but just in case.....

I'm gonna start this shit off in January. Anyone who's interested, mail me at -

[email protected]

Or, you could just PM me here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back