Gerry Ryan - some neck (2 Viewers)

i've said it before on this board, but i don't share what seems to be my generations the universal contempt for pat kenny. i listen to his radio show a lot and pretty much always admire the way he handles tricky issues. but he could have been quicker saying he'd take the cut. in fairness, his capacity as RTEs leading current affairs presenter means that he is talking about the recession all the time so for him to then turn around a refuse to take a hit would show some neck. that said, he gets paid far to much anyway and he's rubbish on the late late.

gerry ryan can get fucked.

i've said it before on this board, but i don't share what seems to be my generations the universal contempt for pat kenny. i listen to his radio show a lot and pretty much always admire the way he handles tricky issues. but he could have been quicker saying he'd take the cut. in fairness, his capacity as RTEs leading current affairs presenter means that he is talking about the recession all the time so for him to then turn around a refuse to take a hit would show some neck. that said, he gets paid far to much anyway and he's rubbish on the late late.

gerry ryan can get fucked.

johnny raz's rte rundown!!

pat kenny=wodden but largely inoffensive. actually grand on the radio, dosnt have the emotion/empathy circuitry necessary for television.
gerry ryan=bloated, self important fool.
ryan turgidy=this man fills me with too much hatred to make a rational judgement. hes like the really annoying teachers pet guy in secondary school who gets away with it as hes just too small and week to bully in good conciense. Lacking the cop on that a regular beating or two normally instills in a growing lad, he grows up with an inflated sense of his own sense of humour, and a totally misplaced sense of confidence.
joe duffy; I reckon this man sprang from an unholy union between brush shields and gay byrne. Known for his love of misery and righteous indignation, hes presides over the national forum for uniformed opinion (not thumped believe it or not), that is liveline. He always reminds me of a old biddy, twitching the net curtains and giving out about the young filts'. Someone should give him a womb.
Eammon Dunphy; it would be pleasant to consider this self important, self publicising escaped spitting image character a harmless joke. Until you realise that hes on 350K of taxpayer/licence fees dosh a year. Not a bad fee for a couple of hours opinionated ranting a month.

They're directly employed by the state. In the capacity of RTE. That's what's called taxpayers' money.

The rest of their "business interests" are their own business.
my point was that the relationship they have with RTE is not an employer/employee relationship, but a business one. so gerry ryan is not protected by employmee protection laws; he's a contractor.

plus, over half of the funds RTE raise are from advertising. that's not taxpayer's money.

he's had some parade of shit sandwich tv shows:
secrets, ryantown, ryan confidential, hitlist, that one with the school kids...

Eammon Dunphy; it would be pleasant to consider this self important, self publicising escaped spitting image character a harmless joke. Until you realise that hes on 350K of taxpayer/licence fees dosh a year. Not a bad fee for a couple of hours opinionated ranting a month.

don't forget his sycophantic Saturday morning one-on-one interviews with RSVP-style dignitaries. That cunt angers me the most. "The ordinary people of Ireland won't stand for blah blah". They don't stand for cunts who get arrested countless times for drink driving either, ya leatherfaced gimp mask.

anyone else have an unnatural hatred for miriam o callaghan?
her whiny voice, her perpetual look of a thick bitch.

Who's been at the Gerry Ryan wikipedia entry?

Ryan has hosted several series of horrendous television shows.

Unusually for his television career, Ryan received praise

He approached his future wife Morah (nee Brennan) at a party and lured her into his back garden on the premise that there would be newborn baby kittens there.

Ryan believes Irish people are naturally racist[40]) He does his weekly shopping on a Friday and purchases Avonmore milk.[41]
And of course, a nice timely quote:
He discussed his 2008 purchase of an iPhone on which he subsequently ran up a €1,400 bill for entertaining himself with it whilst on holiday in the United States. Ryan commented on the affair: "I don't think in this day and age at RTÉ, with the current climate of cost saving, it would go down well if I ask them to pay it. I had to take the hit myself and learn the lesson the hard way."
Probably why he can't afford a pay cut.

anyone else have an unnatural hatred for miriam o callaghan?
her whiny voice, her perpetual look of a thick bitch.

How dare you say that about her!

Miriam is great.Shes like the good witch Glenda to pat kennys wicked witch of the west!!!!

Remember the survival course incident back in the 80s? Kind like an early version of celeb reality tv - G Ryan and some other RTE heads went off on some survival course, fell out with each other, couldn't handle the hunger and so beat a sheep to death with a stone inside a sock, butchered it with their bare hands and ate it

... but then it turned out the whole thing was makey uppy, and they had actually got a farmer to kill one of his sheep for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back