Further proof ... (1 Viewer)

yeah many strange interactions with irish americans (ha!) last year.

one of the oddest was this guy who was trying to find acid outside gilman street and strated talking to me. said its funny 'im half irish and half scottish, isnt that crazy, cause ya know the wy the irish and scottish hate each other n all'.. I asked him what he ws on about and yeah he also seemed very upset when i said the scots were grand. Think this guy had built a whole personality on the fact that his scots and irish sides were in conflict. in a word...nonce

better though is talking fake irish to people :p it doesnt hurt them and the spazz out over talking to an 'irish' as gaeilge

A good friend of mine got asked a couple of years back if she was in America because of the famine. More people asked her if we have electricity. Someone else just wouldn't believe that she was from Ireland, and insisted that it was a made up country like Atlantis or something.
My ladyfriend still thinks Ireland is a third world country.
Unrelated geographically, but a friend of mine from Tenerife got asked by a spaniard whether they had bread in the Canaries. Stupidity knows no borders

Once a Croatian lad who had been slagging me for having no facial hair (I think) had a change of heart and said Ireland was ok with him because he liked Irish films and Braveheart was his favourite. I told him that it was filmed in Ireland but set in Scotland and he said that if that was the case then Trainspotting was his new favourite Irish film.

Winty said:
Once a Croatian lad who had been slagging me for having no facial hair (I think) had a change of heart and said Ireland was ok with him because he liked Irish films and Braveheart was his favourite. I told him that it was filmed in Ireland but set in Scotland and he said that if that was the case then Trainspotting was his new favourite Irish film.
good choice. i would have gone for the van myself but each to his own:p

i was in london, and spontantiously decided to take a cheapo tour by canal, somewhere in camden. yer man was telling us that one time he had a loada yanks on board, and for the laugh he suggested that as an act of friendliness they should all shake hands and be nice to the users of the tube. apparently, it got so mad that it reached itv news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back