Further proof ... (1 Viewer)

I got in touch with these guys and they're willing to use a "us military out of shannon" and/or "Shell out of mayo" theme for their little parade. They were going to go ahead with it anyway but at least now they're doing something with a bit more popular support.

bohs punks said:
Thats the most stupid paddywhackery bullshit i have ever seen from anyone calling themselves anarchist - what a bunch of neanderthal pricks.
you dont remember singing the irish rover for nigerian morning tv then el capatan.good times were had.

the strange guy said:
You got in touch with them and failed to mention that ever punk rocker in Ireland thinks they're a bunch of braindead idiots?

I think they could be nice people. They might have a warm heart and an open mind. We should give these people a chance

Its mind boggling how numb to the facts the person who wrote thepart about the Dublin riots was. it's ridiculous! Also, nice one to weeler for giving them A-narchists a bit more focus than merely further touting corny National Irish drink driving day.

the strange guy said:
You got in touch with them and failed to mention that ever punk rocker in Ireland thinks they're a bunch of braindead idiots?
I know some very brain dead punk rockers, woulda thought the anarchists would be the ones with the gripe! ;)

it appears someone docked me anonymously for referring to Paddys day as 'National Irish drink driving day' hahaha

Manta Ray said:
I know some very brain dead punk rockers, woulda thought the anarchists would be the ones with the gripe! ;)

Stop being abusive towards people who don't take an interest in anarchy. People could get offended at the fact you used dumb punk rockers.

Politakill1 said:
Stop being abusive towards people who don't take an interest in anarchy. People could get offended at the fact you used dumb punk rockers.

Stop having a chip on your shoulder just because some people are interested in bigger things.

weeler said:
Stop having a chip on your shoulder just because some people are interested in bigger things.
I haven't a chip on my shoulder, im probably the most light hearted here. Out of interest how do you know im not interested in it?

fucking hillarious! the strangest bit is in the article when they say that some irish lad is facing life+335 years for property destruction!!!
what a load of saps tho.
takes me back to introducing myself when i was in the u.sof a,
them-"where are you from?"
me-"Ireland"
them-"oh my gawd, that must be so hard for you, how is the fight? i'm totally down with the i.r.a...Did anyone in your family get bombed?" etc etc etc
end, me trying to explain that the anarcho left wing posi core thing to do was not to give the i.r.a money for guns.......

the only person in america who asked where i was from ended up under the impression that i was from iraq. i couldn't be arsed shouting 'no, IRELAND!' at him.. i wonder if he thought i was there to murderize the lot of them.

I think the first thing someone needs to do is explain anarchism to the americans and once they've grasped some of the most basic principles like promoting class war as opposed to national liberation we can ask them to stop dressing up as leprechauns.

the pyrate dead said:
fucking hillarious! the strangest bit is in the article when they say that some irish lad is facing life+335 years for property destruction!!!
what a load of saps tho.
takes me back to introducing myself when i was in the u.sof a,
them-"where are you from?"
me-"Ireland"
them-"oh my gawd, that must be so hard for you, how is the fight? i'm totally down with the i.r.a...Did anyone in your family get bombed?" etc etc etc
end, me trying to explain that the anarcho left wing posi core thing to do was not to give the i.r.a money for guns.......

Last summer I was in Florida. One day I was at the pool of our hotel and I was queing to use the toilet and I got talking to this guy from Boston. So he asks me where I'm from and I say Northern Ireland. And he's like "woh are you a catholic or a protestant?". I say Catholic and he asks what side of the wall in Northern Ireland do Catholics live on. So I ask him what wall he means and he starts telling me about this wall that he heard about that is right in the middle of Northern Ireland that the war between Catholics and Protestants was fought over. I asked him did he mean the border between the North and the South and he didnt even. He really was distressed when I told him there was no wall like that. God he was stupid.

Though the best one was this really snobby rich Californian women talking to my Ma. My Ma asks her had she ever been to Ireland and shes no but she has been to England and those two countries connected to it called Holland and Germany. And she was in that spot called London where you go and your in three countires at once.

God Bless America!

I was in Isreal back in 1997 I think and was told it must be great to get away from the civil war back in Ireland. This from someone in a country where half* the population carry autamatic rifles everywhere they go.

* I've no idea what the percentage it is.

there's a messageboard I post on occasionally, most of the people on it are American, and usually it's pretty well-informed and articulate debate, but the other week i nearly died laughing when one guy on it, on the basis of a week he'd spent here in the seventies, said "Ireland is a third world country". some people are funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back