Fugazi - In on the Kill Taker (1993) (1 Viewer)

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
Nice Fugazi overview of their history in this month's Uncut, finishes with Mackaye saying they do (or did pre-covid) get together to play from time to time for fun, and he's still not willing to say there will never be another gig or LP.

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
He also dispels the myth that they turned down million dollar deals to sign to a major. Said what happened was they played a show in New York, and some old dude was there who he thought was a friends parent. Guy said, "Hi, I'm Ahmet Ertegun", and Mackaye didn't recognise the name.
"I own Atlantic records, we should do business"
Mackaye said that's ok, thanks very much but they had their own label which covered their needs.
Ertegun said "I can do you a label deal like Mick".
Mackaye only copped after the fact he meant set them up like "Rolling Stone records"!

Said he wrote him a letter after the fact thanking him for coming to the gig and if he ever made it to DC he'd love to hang out just to hear some stories. Ertegun replied sure and he'd take him to his 'favourite funky place in Chinatown', but it never happened.

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
Nice Fugazi overview of their history in this month's Uncut, finishes with Mackaye saying they do (or did pre-covid) get together to play from time to time for fun, and he's still not willing to say there will never be another gig or LP.
Fugazi are one of my favourite bands of all time and I regret never going to see them.

However, and this is going to be really unpopular, I'd be ok if they didn't do another album and tour together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads