Fugazi - In on the Kill Taker (1993) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 117
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 6
Nice Fugazi overview of their history in this month's Uncut, finishes with Mackaye saying they do (or did pre-covid) get together to play from time to time for fun, and he's still not willing to say there will never be another gig or LP.

He also dispels the myth that they turned down million dollar deals to sign to a major. Said what happened was they played a show in New York, and some old dude was there who he thought was a friends parent. Guy said, "Hi, I'm Ahmet Ertegun", and Mackaye didn't recognise the name.
"I own Atlantic records, we should do business"
Mackaye said that's ok, thanks very much but they had their own label which covered their needs.
Ertegun said "I can do you a label deal like Mick".
Mackaye only copped after the fact he meant set them up like "Rolling Stone records"!

Said he wrote him a letter after the fact thanking him for coming to the gig and if he ever made it to DC he'd love to hang out just to hear some stories. Ertegun replied sure and he'd take him to his 'favourite funky place in Chinatown', but it never happened.

Nice Fugazi overview of their history in this month's Uncut, finishes with Mackaye saying they do (or did pre-covid) get together to play from time to time for fun, and he's still not willing to say there will never be another gig or LP.
Fugazi are one of my favourite bands of all time and I regret never going to see them.

However, and this is going to be really unpopular, I'd be ok if they didn't do another album and tour together.

lovely lads they are, totally approachable, genuine and all that.
but not a fan of the music. the lyrics are really vague and I want them to be more direct and to the point. bought IOTKT in 1993 and got rid of it pretty quickly.

some people are really precious about Fugazi and hero worship them - the opposite of how the band see themselves.

the lyrics are really vague and I want them to be more direct and to the point.

They require a little more effort on your part and leave room for interpretation, but I would not think they’re ‘vague’. It was pretty obvious why they wanted to get away from the fans/mindset of people who want everything handed to them on a plate lyrically, and fair play to them.

the-beastie-boys-perform-during-a-live-taping-of-mtvs-live-to-the-5-picture-id50964989

"Song number one is not a FUCK YOU SONG"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back