Friday the 13th TV Series (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

has anybody seen any episodes of this..?
I think i saw a few up on some streaming site before.

Anyways, it sounds kinda cool from the wikipedia entry on it.

BIt weird that it has nothing to do with the actual friday 13th movies.

Friday_The_13th_The_Series.gif

Actually, if anyone finds episodes of Freddy's Nightmares that'd be savage.
I remember it being on Sky One when I was a kid and I was too freaked out to watch it.

Must pick up some of the Tales From The Crypt boxsets too.
I've never really watched it.. They used to show it late on ITV but i just assumed it'd be crap because it was on ITV. They probably cut it to pieces anyways.
I remember having taped Predator off ITV and for ages thinking it was the weirdest film ever made because it was so badly cut.

i remember thsi from the local video shop when i was a kid.
it was something to do with a spooky antiques shop, right?

i have the tobe hooper directed (straight onto vhs tape!)
pilot episode of Freddys Nightmares - it's beyond awful -
ie - rules and i think there's the episode about the runner
on the tape as well.

i'd make do with a best of freddy / cryptkeeper dvd, doing
the links

Yeah, it's about the antique shop.
Apparently has the main dude from Jason Goes To Hell - which as we all know is the greatest film ever made.
Pretty insane that it ran for 3 years - would have thought something like that would've been cancelled 2 episodes in.

I'd kill to see that Tobe Hooper episode of Freddy's Nightmares - sounds fucking savage from what I'm reading!

Neither show is on dvd - criminal!

it's really awful (tobe hooper thing) - mind boggler how he could
have made something so bad. i reckon he had a budget of
around a grand to do it.

sob story - all my friday the 13ths were stolen....wah wah!
excuse to buy that r1 boxset i suppose

Haha yeah, apparently they had a tiny budget for it.
Sure Tobe Hooper has made some awful shite in his time.

The boxset is pretty lame really. All cut versions. Extras are alright but pretty half assed.

There's a "reel" of all the cut scenes on the extras disc - totally pointless and they look like crap. Why wouldn't they just clean them up and put them into the movies..?
Still though, it was good to see the scenes I'd been reading about for years. Best one - sleeping bag death in part VII. Ha!

Haha yeah..
And the bit at the start where they find the skinned bodies was completely cut out, with absolutely no mention...
I loved the way Arnie just caught a dog tag out of thin air...

there's a load of clips HERE so there must be full versions of it knocking around on the web somewhere. I'll have a look around anyway. actually had never even heard of this despite being a huge fan of the films

Are ITV still showing their deadly cuts? Predator and Aliens were my favourite. I remember Vasquez's voice went english for a while.

it's really awful (tobe hooper thing) - mind boggler how he could
have made something so bad. i reckon he had a budget of
around a grand to do it.

sob story - all my friday the 13ths were stolen....wah wah!
excuse to buy that r1 boxset i suppose

what happened
thieves?

Region 1 box is ok. As Alan says, good extras. Missed opportunity though as every version of the eight movies is the 'R rated theatrical version'.

For parts 2 to 8, the missing footage was removed to avoid an 'X' or 'NC17' rating and has never been restored.

The first Friday The 13th can be seen in its unrated glory on the region 2 DVD which is cheap enough.

There is a 'hybrid cut' of the first movie on a standalone region 1 DVD. Longer death scene for Annie, shorter decapitation for Mrs Voerhees.

Part 9 seems to have suffered the same fate as 2 - 8. Not sure what the story is with that one's missing scenes.

My region 1 DVD [double disc] of Jason X has both versions.

Tales From The Crypt - megaset for $197 on Amazon. Wonder if it's worth it.

As far as I know, the Region 2 of part 9 is the uncut version. That's what I read before I bought it... I never buy horror DVDs without checking it out. But I could have been misinformed...
I think there are some good extras on the boxset, but I still think the interviews should have been longer. Some of the actors only have like 2 or 3 minutes of interview time... surely they were there longer than that!
I'd be very tempted by that Tales From The Crypt set.

As far as I know, the Region 2 of part 9 is the uncut version. That's what I read before I bought it... I never buy horror DVDs without checking it out. But I could have been misinformed...
I think there are some good extras on the boxset, but I still think the interviews should have been longer. Some of the actors only have like 2 or 3 minutes of interview time... surely they were there longer than that!
I'd be very tempted by that Tales From The Crypt set.

No - you're right. My mistake.

Part 9 is uncut on region 2. Region 1 has both versions.

Tales From The Crypt is $10 cheaper from here

but they use UPS for larger orders and I got snared for import duty before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back