Friday night in bohs - go on, go on. all welcome to join us. (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
the season starts this week and theres a match on in dalymount on friday night, bohs v shamrock rovers at 7.45. theres a crowd of us going to go again this season and the more the merrier is definitely the policy on this one so come along if you fancy something different .
we are meeting up in the long bar where the gigs etc are on from around 6.30 so as to get good seats in the singing section of the stand and some of us will probably be necking cans somewhere northside before that.

this is a good chance to come along and see what the football is like if your new to it all and give a bit of support back to the club who in their own way have supported the punk scene a lot over the last year, having dalymount as a punk venue was just a vague idea this time last year and it has worked out well and we have been made very welcome without bouncers ever being asked for etc.

becuase of this link and the welcome we have had there for punk stuff i do think that there is a genuine reason for punks to support bohs rather than some premiership team etc. giving something back and all that.

the games do be good fun with singing and banter and a good session afterwards and the bohs / rovers derby always has a certain edge to it so the atmosphere should be good / intense / full of hatred depending on your point of view.

bohs have lost a lot of players since last season including some of their best known players but have added some new signings that sound exciting so theres a lot of ifs / buts and maybes about the team this year.

We are going into the jodi stand so if your getting a ticket ask for one for there, you can get tickets from the bar during the week or from a cabin at the cabra park side of ground on matchday / evening, 8 euro students,15 otherwise, student is a very wide term if you know what i mean.

so hope to see some of ye there, i know byrnos was rounding up the regulars from last season.

if anyone wants to be reminded or advised of can drinking venue just pm me or byrnos your mobile no.

thats also a great husker du song to be listening to. wont be able to hit the footie this week but hope to make it down before we go.

hey, it had philo and the bohs floodlights in one paragraph - what can a guy do?

oh i havent forgot that pa and bohs thing, planning to enquire about possibilities on frday, havent been in dublin in ages.

error type 11 said:
Are you planning on hitting cork for any games this season? Seeing as we never got it sorted properly the last time?

i'm heading out to cobh saturday evening to see limerick fc's opening match of the season v ramblers. if you want real football come along to this leo!

please note kick off is at 7.30 due to tv coverage so dont be late!

Cork match is friday 8th of july, plenty of time to organise something

trev said:
i'm heading out to cobh saturday evening to see limerick fc's opening match of the season v ramblers. if you want real football come along to this leo!

No can do, got the measa/puget/rev gig in freds, must do it another time though

error type 11 said:
No can do, got the measa/puget/rev gig in freds, must do it another time though

oh yeah...what times that all kicking off...wont be back from cobh til around 10pm i'd say...

Cormcolash said:
Go on Jimmy Aggri!!

wee fennelly had his moment - maybe calling someone a dirty northern b*****d as bohs "fans" did wasnt the best of ideas. he answered them perfectly.

overall a good match to watch on the box and i enjoyed it. some good players on show.

Yeah what's with the sectarianism, like just call him a wee fucker instead of all that unnecessary stuff. Just cause he played for Rangers, he has obviously seen the light, he did move to Shamrock Rovers after all.
Fair result though, Rovers deserved a goal from the game even though Bohs probably had better possession.

sorry...wee feeney...not wee fennelly...i was thinmking of that poxy cobh ramlers keeper!!!!

Bah I can't sign-up for some reason. Says only admins can create accounts.
Conor if you're registered maybe you could point out to them that being from Belfast, watching Bohs fans shouting "Dirty Orange Bastards" at a player on the opposite team comes across not only as moronic but offensive too. It's a safe bet the majority of people shouting it have never had to deal with the troubles first-hand and don't understand what it's like living up here where you see of hear about shit like this every day. Also when you take it from the players point of view, it must be absolutely disgusting to have that crap shouted at you just because you are from Northern Ireland and happened to play for Linfield and Rangers during your career. Personally, if someone shouted "Dirty Teague Bastard" at me when I was playing football, I would be tempted to do a Cantona on them, and I don't even consider myself Catholic. Basically, the chant is exactly the same as racism, as was pointed out by the more objective sections of the media when the extent of the abuse of this kind Neil Lennon gets was highlighted recently.
I understand it's only a minority of fans that were doing it (from my experience it almost always is with most football clubs) but people on that board seem to be trying to say it's okay, and even if they're just being funny they should realise that it's actually a serious thing. Having a segment of your fans quite audibly shouting "Dirty Orange Bastard" at a player during a match which is being covered on National Television doesn't look very good to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back