"friday fright night" on sky one c.1988 (1 Viewer)

SONYMEGADRIVE

anyone remember this?
was it actually called the "friday fright night"?
i remember a dracula type presenter...

nnngthbbhth??? do you know what i'm talking about?

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Film_and_TV/Question48890.html

that's the closest i've found...would love to see a list of the films they showed
a few things stick out in my mind...topless womens crucified on rocks...frogs...maybe 'childs play' (the other one)...

i think i started a thread about it here before...

ngngngngngnth - i remember the guy being english

good work mr pharmacist

dj kat on youtube = not how i remember....i remember there being two dj kats though...the original (the youtube one - very mr t - dutch) and an english one

i usually rain down on this kind of pointless nostalgia...i am robot

Was that anything to do with the deadly earnest horror show??? I remember it used to scare the b'jaysus outta me as a young buck, as did Freddies nightmares on sky one....

anyone seen Masters of Horror then? directed by the likes of Dario Argento, Tobe Hooper, John Carpenter and, eh, John Landis.

Season 1, Episode 1: Incident on and Off a Mountain Road
Original Air Date: 28 October 2005
When Ellen's (Bree Turner) car breaks down on a deserted mountain road in the middle of nowhere, she encounters a monster-like man who is intent on killing her. Ellen will not go down without a fight and the game of cat-and-mouse soon shifts as Ellen fights back.

Season 1, Episode 2: H.P. Lovecraft's Dreams in the Witch-House
Original Air Date: 4 November 2005
A graduate student questions his sanity after he rents a room in an old boarding house which was the residence of a 17th Century witch, and he figures out that the evil forces still roam within the walls.

Season 1, Episode 3: Dance of the Dead
Original Air Date: 11 November 2005
In a post-apocalyptic American society, the population has been decimated by nuclear terrorist attacks and flesh-dissolving nuclear fallout. Among the ruins, a naive young teenager named Peggy (Jessica Lowndes) gets involved with a drug-stoked biker (Jonathan Tucker) and his friends, against her overprotective mother's protests. The teens hang out at the Doom Room, a punk rock nightclub, where re-animated corpses from the nuclear attacks perform courtesy of electric-charged flows and experimental drug-injected shots.

Season 1, Episode 4: Jenifer
Original Air Date: 18 November 2005
Police officer Frank Spivey saves a disfigured young woman named Jenifer from being slaughtered by a crazy old man. He takes her into his home because she has nowhere else to go, but starts to become obsessed with her. Soon, it becomes clear that there are problems with Jenifer that turn Frank's life upside-down. He realizes that there is only one thing that will keep Jenifer from hurting anyone else and let him return to a normal life.

Season 1, Episode 5: Chocolate
Original Air Date: 25 November 2005
Jamie (Henry Thomas) is a lonely and depressed and divorced young man who creates artificial flavorings until one day his life is hijacked by a series of random scenes in which he realizes that he is psychically linked to a beautiful young woman that he has never met. But when a violent image shakes him, Jamie decides to track down the woman and finds that her life is not all that it appears to be.

Season 1, Episode 6: Homecoming
Original Air Date: 2 December 2005
A publicity official for the U.S. Army finds that he might have to be working a lot more than he imagined, when the deceased soldiers of the war come back to life, looking for a few good men.

Season 1, Episode 7: Deer Woman
Original Air Date: 9 December 2005
A harried, burned-out cop believes that a recent string of murders prove that the murderer might be a deer-like creature in the form of a beautiful woman right from a local Native America folklore legend.

Season 1, Episode 8: John Carpenter's Cigarette Burns
Original Air Date: November 2005
With a torrid past that haunts him, a movie-theater director is hired to hunt for the only known print of a film so notorious that its single screening caused the viewers to become homicidally insane.

Season 1, Episode 9: The Fair-Haired Child
Original Air Date: 6 January 2006
A warlock couple abduct a young teenage girl to sacrifice her to a mysterious and evil entity as an offering to resurrect their long-dead daughter.

Season 1, Episode 10: Sick Girl
Original Air Date: 13 January 2006
A story about an evil bug with the ability to change people's behavior, a commentary on the dangers of moving into a relationship too quickly.

Season 1, Episode 11: Pick Me Up
Original Air Date: 20 January 2006
In the middle of nowhere, with only a two-lane highway to connect it to anywhere--probably upstate New York--a recently divorced female traveler, who is a passenger on a bus that has broken down, gets caught in a bizarre and violent turf war between serial killers.

Season 1, Episode 12: Haeckel's Tale (Clive Barker)
Original Air Date: 27 January 2006
While on his way to see his sick father, a man takes shelter with an elderly man and his young wife but soon discovers their horrible secret.

Season 1, Episode 13: Imprint (Takashi Miike)
Original Air Date: 25 February 2006
Set in the mid 1800s, Christopher (Billy Drago) is a young American journalist who ventures to Japan to search for the Japanese prostitute he loved and abandoned years earlier. But when he ventures to an island off the coast, he sees that human demons and whores rule the land where a deformed courtesan awaits his arrival leading to a tale of extreme cruelty and perverse vengeance.

any use?

masters of horror - dunno, heard some good reports but didn't read too much..the dvds are out, been tempted

s'funny you mention argento, hooper and carpenter...3 of the patchiest directors ever......and someone mentioned 'freddys nightmares' - man, tobe hoopers pilot / tv movie double episode of that show - most hilariously bad thing ever - shocking stuff!

evil bandit - what was dealdy earnest? it seems 60s...? the sky thing was definitely 80s and home grown...or my minds playing tricks on me.

remember when the million dollar man unveiled the undertaker at the 1990 survivor series? i will try to include all life changing sky-one related friday night moments of my 26 years in this thread

Deadly Earnest Horror Show late 80's early 90's SKy One, Dracula type presenter with busty blonde assistant. Tacky stuff, some great films but some awful rubbish too.

anyone remember this?
was it actually called the "friday fright night"?
i remember a dracula type presenter...

nnngthbbhth??? do you know what i'm talking about?

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Film_and_TV/Question48890.html

that's the closest i've found...would love to see a list of the films they showed
a few things stick out in my mind...topless womens crucified on rocks...frogs...maybe 'childs play' (the other one)...

they showed loads of australian horror film about giant spiders
i have one film about witches that i know was shown for certain
crowhaven farm

also, i think they showed the quatermass experiment..a colour version of it

the rest is a blur of aussies, tits and monsters on motorbikes

This was a great show. I remember him being English too. And yer wan was hot enough to promote any kind of sex with the dead. They showed 3 or 4 of the creepshow films, which were deadly.

That and Pat sharp's video-archive-running-madness-fun-show were must see tv.

This was a great show. I remember him being English too. And yer wan was hot enough to promote any kind of sex with the dead. They showed 3 or 4 of the creepshow films, which were deadly.

That and Pat sharp's video-archive-running-madness-fun-show were must see tv.

Run Ronnie Run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back