freebird records-end of an era/new location (1 Viewer)

the departed

after decades(and i mean decades) freebird records has closed its store that was down in the basement on eden quay..
end of an era...

however a new era has begun..

we are now located on the corner of cope street(behind central bank/up from eamon dorans etc). or where comet and sentinal used to be.

anyways this is just to let folks know that freebird is still alive..

upstairs we now have the largest selection of hip-hop/soul/funk vinyl in dublin. we're also expanding our 2nd hand vinyl section.. and whilst we havent got our online mail-order up and running yet, feel free to drop in and see if we can order something in for you. we've got some really good distributors now and should be able to track most things down for you.

we're also now a ticket-master outlet..

if anyone has any comments or anything like that feel free to fire them here.

also if anything comes in 2nd hand on vinyl that i think anybody here might be into i might stick it up.

cheers,
G

This is just like when Freebird moved from Grafton Street. At least the Eden Quay location was not as Goth-hanging-around-outside friendly as Grafton Street had been but this new location is right beside the Central Bank! It's asking for trouble!

comets gone , it will be back in 77 years edmund
that place sucked so bad for the last few years

wasnt too impressed by freebird either
one thing they were good for was having records in stock after everywhere else had sold out

i must check out the new shop

This is just like when Freebird moved from Grafton Street. At least the Eden Quay location was not as Goth-hanging-around-outside friendly as Grafton Street had been but this new location is right beside the Central Bank! It's asking for trouble!
oh we're thinking about starting an emo section!

hey skinner...anything we can do to impress you?
no seriously any comments on bettering ourselves are welcome. of course we're not going to able to cater for everyone's tastes but the way of music and the music shop has changed drastically first since the owner set up...
cheers

Do you kind of own that Secret book and record store (on Wicklow St) too?

I used to love Freebird back in the day.
My Mam went in with a Christmas List one time and said they were boozin behind the counter. She picked up a Tindersticks LP for next to nothin...

These shops should sell t-shirts (good ones like!)

Working just around the corner from there means I've already spent too many lunch breaks in it. I think freebird is following me around. When I still lived in Swords that Eden Quay one was just by my home bound bus stop. Best of luck.

g-stereo..are you a northern bloke with glasses?

I was in there, the comet location ,for the first time in ages on saturday. I was about to ask how much the "Get Rythm" book behind the counter was when I realised I'd spent far too much money already that day.

but just out of curiosity..the book.. how much?

Best of luck. I have to say that Freebird have always been absolute gents when it comes to stocking independent stuff. I haven't shopped there in a while though because I'm based over near St Stephens' Green.

Do you kind of own that Secret book and record store (on Wicklow St) too?

I used to love Freebird back in the day.
My Mam went in with a Christmas List one time and said they were boozin behind the counter. She picked up a Tindersticks LP for next to nothin...

These shops should sell t-shirts (good ones like!)
hey youve missed out on 30 years of boozing on xmas eve...always a laugh. buy a cd and get a triple whiskey for free..

i think its shit like that you know..? you cant have a chat with the internet when you buy a cd. but i guess people dont have time to hit the record shops these days.
and yes teeshirts is a go idea..ill put that to the bossman...

i used to pick up the entertainment guide in their years ago. havent been in a lonnnng time. good luck lads. when music purchasing can afford me ill be in with me sheckles.

Best of luck. I have to say that Freebird have always been absolute gents when it comes to stocking independent stuff. I haven't shopped there in a while though because I'm based over near St Stephens' Green.
no no.. thats the other dude who works here..
the get rhythm yoke as i look at it now isnt a book actually, its a 7" box set with 6 singles in it. limited to 1000 copies. its 45 quid..

and mumblin deaf, yes we do always try to help out the irish indies as much as possible..
i would always flick through the irish section and put on cds...sometimes that sells em you know..
im gonna look at how we can further that..if people wana put posters up or anything of the sort then just drop em in..

You were the only shop in Dublin with the 'you're no rock'n'roll fun' Sleater-Kinney single when it came out in 2000.
I remember cos I checked. Cheers from 7 years ago!

You were the only shop in Dublin with the 'you're no rock'n'roll fun' Sleater-Kinney single when it came out in 2000.
I remember cos I checked. Cheers from 7 years ago!
alright! hi five!

EDIT: should we put that on the flyers?

FREEBIRD!-the ONLY shop in the greater dublin area to have had the 'youre no rock n roll fun' single by rock and roll outfit SLEATER KINNEY!
source-i is john

its got a kind of ring to it.

I always liked the Eden Quay shop. I liked that it was dark with a low ceiling. Mind you, havent been in there in years.

It used to give me the sweats. I'd be in tizzy getting downtown in time to catch the bus back to limerick and then you go down into a hot basement overcoats and bags and all. i'm surprised I never passed out down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back