free Black Francis gig (2 Viewers)

I thought he had just got a lift from the cops!! ha!
Couldn't hear a thing, couldn't see a thing, hurt my legs when kneeling down. Was following a friend through the crowd at the end and next thing I know, Frank is walking right past me, so what do I do only...look away and pretend I don't know who he is. I'm SO BAD at dealing with famous people, I just ignore them.

I thought he had just got a lift from the cops!! ha!
Couldn't hear a thing, couldn't see a thing, hurt my legs when kneeling down. Was following a friend through the crowd at the end and next thing I know, Frank is walking right past me, so what do I do only...look away and pretend I don't know who he is. I'm SO BAD at dealing with famous people, I just ignore them.

ignoring famous people is infinitely better than scrambling up a pillar or shoving others out of the way to catch a stray glimpse of their head.

Apparently a good few people turned up at the Vicar St gig expecting to see Frances Black

here are photos someone took of the free gig
frank.jpg

Frankie.jpg

ignoring famous people is infinitely better than scrambling up a pillar or shoving others out of the way to catch a stray glimpse of their head.

True :)
My approach yields no results except to make me look stupidly aloof.
I know you might find this hard to believe but I also ignored Noel Fielding when I was in his presence! Well, until I ended up squashed against him on the dancefloor, but that wasn't my fault!

http://www.phantom.ie/content/view/1334/104/

Frank Black avoids arrest in Dublin, but is mistaken for James Blunt E-mail

Black FrancisGardai are assuring fans that Pixies frontman Frank Black was not arrested in Dublin this weekend. The musician was playing a free gig in St Stephen's Green when he was taken away in a squad car. Fans of the legendary Pixies mainman looked on in amazement as their hero was bundled into a Garda car and whisked away. Watch the video here on Phantom.ie

He'd planned to play a short set at the bandstand on St Stephen's green before his Vicar Street headliner.

News spread fast about the performance and a spokesperson for Black told Phantom news that he was whisked away after nearly 1000 people showed up.

Speaking exclusively to Phantom 105.2 the musician himself said he didn't expect that many people:

"... I am a responsible person. If I really thought I was going to attract a mob...I wouldn't just say 'alright I'm going to put a mob right here in the middle of town or in front of some record store or someplace'. I don't like to be trouble. I think that they thought I was James Blunt or something. Well, there were some old ladies there apparently that thought I was James Blunt!..."

The Office of Public Works, which has responsibility for Stephen's Green says no request had been made for an event, and that the park was closing when the gig began.

Gardai say the Pixies frontman was removed from the area for safety reasons - but they're denying that he was taken to Kevin Street Garda Station and fed a stew dinner!

YouTube clip with thanks to dbspin

YouTube clip with thanks to hughesms

Have you got any photos or footage of the event? Send the links to [email protected]

Plus most people (about 90%) couldn't actually hear him! I couldn't hear a note and I was one of the people kneeling down!

yeah I couldn't hear jack squat and got pissed off standing amongst the biggest pack of brain-fluid leaking retards. crowds are misery.

can't believe Black Francis did a guerilla gig, Pete Doherty would be proud

Apparently a good few people turned up at the Vicar St gig expecting to see Frances Black

According to a my mate there was about 60 people who showed up thinking they were going to see Frances Black play and that there was a tout selling tickets to people over 40 for €30, then buying them back for €20 after the doormen had explained who exactly was playing....
The doormen were asking certain people who didn't look "hip and relevent" if they knew it was Frank Black and not Frances Black playing :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back