FRANKFURT (1 Viewer)

Cafe Exzess (Leipziger Straße 91 near the Uni campus) is a deadly punk venue/info centre/ cafe for gigs and the like. I lived down the road from it and there was always something on. You'll find loads of stuff there about whats going on locally

Sick Wreckords (http://www.sickwreckords.de/) is a deadly vinyl shop in Sachsenhausen. Yer man is big on rockabilly stuff and they have a decent selection of records. Some other second hand record stores nearby that'd be worth the look.

Dreikonigskellar is nearby too (http://www.dreikoenigskeller.com/). It's a deadly little bar that runs music nights and the odd gig. I was a big fan of this place when I lived there. Cheap booze, good music...

If you're there around the weekend check the Flohmarkt on Saturday morning. Deadly fleamarket with cheap food and the odd hidden gem.

Hope this helps! Been about 3 years since I was last there but all those places still seem to be about

Fck all pubs there, the one Irish pub near the station was the best by a country mile.

cosying up with all the off duty American soldiers? :p No thanks. Loads of decent pubs there, especially the apple wine taverns.

and yeah, Exzess is an anarchist centre as far as I know. There's a sister venue called An der Au or something like that

That's true, I met a coloured American GI, we listened to each others takes on the Iraqi war, he let me walk out the pub...actually he even bought me a pint.

As for the amount of Pubs maybe there are a few but compared to other cities they are a premium, numerous German guys always tell me Frankfurt is not that type of city (It's a financial city) and to head to Munich or Hamburg!!
On my walk which was probs brief I found very little and the ones I did find had shit beer....not that I do much walking when looking for beer!

That's true, I met a coloured American GI, we listened to each others takes on the Iraqi war, he let me walk out the pub...actually he even bought me a pint.

As for the amount of Pubs maybe there are a few but compared to other cities they are a premium, numerous German guys always tell me Frankfurt is not that type of city (It's a financial city) and to head to Munich or Hamburg!!
On my walk which was probs brief I found very little and the ones I did find had shit beer....not that I do much walking when looking for beer!

Fair enough. Yeah, Frankfurt has a bad rep for just being a centre for bankers and other finance goons. Doesn't hold a candle to Hamburg or Munich on the pub front but there's still some decent places to be found. Not as many local breweries around as apple wine is technically the local drink. Rough stuff at first but by god does it get you pissed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back