forthcoming film trailers (5 Viewers)

I'll reserve judgement till I see it because the book is so good but yes, that trailer doesn't bode well.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is this a Bord Failte kind of thing?

Doesn't look like it...

THE IRISH PUB is a eulogy to the greatest institution in Irish society, the pub or more specifically the traditional Irish publican’s who run them. The characters in this wonderful film all run and own pubs that have been in their families for generations and it is through their warmth, wit and wisdom that we gain an insight into the heart and soul of THE IRISH PUB.

Speaking on the release, Director Alex Fegan commented that "The making of this film has been an incredible journey and all involved are delighted that Irish Audiences will have the opportunity to see the film on the big screen from October 4 where we hope they will be charmed and captivated by the stories told”

THE IRISH PUB is an ATOM FILMS Production in Association with BORD SCANNAN NA hÉIREANN/ THE IRISH FILM BOARD

Composer: DENIS CLOHESSY Clarinet: CONOR SHEIL Editor, Sound and Camera: ALEX FEGAN

Directed and Produced by ALEX FEGAN

I can't believe someone managed to get funding to make that fucking shite.
"Speaking on the release, Director Alex Fagan commented that "Well my father's best friend is the head of the Irish Film Board or whatever, so it was no bother at all getting the funding, just a bit of a handshake here and a bit of a wink there, sure you know how it is" "

There's a documentary coming out about Jodorowsky's Dune.
I'm obsessed with him and Dune in general and this is one of the greatest films never made.

Jodorowsky hadn't even read the book. Dan O'Bannon, H.R. Giger and Mobieus were all involved in the concept design. The soundtrack was to feature a different prog rock band for each planet, including Pink Floyd and Yes. Salvador Dali was to play the Emperor. The studio freaked out when they realised how insane the project was and pulled the plug. Anyone who's seen El Topo and Holy Mountain will know how amazing this film would have been

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back