forthcoming film trailers (6 Viewers)

This film is almost indescribable.
It's beautiful, challenging, confusing, enthralling. And a thousand other things.
It's about love, identity, pigs, Thoreau's Walden, being controlled from afar, madness. And also a thousand other things.
It's engaging for every minute and baffling when you try and tie all those minutes together.
We talked about it for about an hour and a half in the bar afterwards and still couldn't piece it all together, and this was after an hour's Q&A with the writer/producer/director/editor/composer.
If you love film, you should definitely see this. It's really beautifully shot, some outstanding framing, great use of shallow focus and probably another thousand things I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on.
I could try and write a review, but I'm really not sure it would make any more sense than what I've just written.

213866-Shane-Carruth-Upstream-Color-sundance-film-festival.jpg

I posted the picture above as that's an example of the framing I liked. It's like the perfect shot. It follows a sequence of them becoming more and more enmeshed in each other. Then you see them wrapped like that filling the entire screen and wearing opposite colours on top and bottom so for a second you're not sure whose legs are whose. They are each other.
I don't always like to deconstruct stuff - I like seeing aliens get shot as much as the next man - but sometimes it's nice to have beautiful art wash over you.

Whatevour!

This film is almost indescribable.
It's beautiful, challenging, confusing, enthralling. And a thousand other things.
It's about love, identity, pigs, Thoreau's Walden, being controlled from afar, madness. And also a thousand other things.
It's engaging for every minute and baffling when you try and tie all those minutes together.
We talked about it for about an hour and a half in the bar afterwards and still couldn't piece it all together, and this was after an hour's Q&A with the writer/producer/director/editor/composer.
If you love film, you should definitely see this. It's really beautifully shot, some outstanding framing, great use of shallow focus and probably another thousand things I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on.
I could try and write a review, but I'm really not sure it would make any more sense than what I've just written.

213866-Shane-Carruth-Upstream-Color-sundance-film-festival.jpg

Bet I end up thinking it's shit.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back