forthcoming film trailers (9 Viewers)

It's baffling how revered Bond movies are. The majority of them are shit. They have some fun/camp/unique moments for sure but they are generally pretty hideous.

Very few of them hold up as "good movies". They are usually just considered good within their own context.

It's baffling how revered Bond movies are. The majority of them are shit. They have some fun/camp/unique moments for sure but they are generally pretty hideous.

Very few of them hold up as "good movies". They are usually just considered good within their own context.

Yup

The first three Bourne movies are better than the entire Bond series

Some of the Bond films are good, just not that many of them. What's funny is that I reckon OHMSS would have been considered one of the greatest Bond films, except that George Lazenby was shite. Everything else about the film is pretty class.

They're nostalgia pieces, cinematic comfort food.
I hadn't bothered with Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan, but was lured back with all the hoopla for the Craig ones.
That they could cog extensively from the Bourne series saved them from sinking into irrelevancy.
I mean, what are they, one notch above the Die Hard franchise?

I think Die Hard is more consistent.

The first few Connery Bonds were pretty great, have aged but still have charm. The rest vary in terms of watchability from dreck to Saturday afternoon dross.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can't say I hate the 'Mad World' treatment being given to all these pop songs in trailers, but they are doing it a lot.

I would imagine the interest in the whole spy espionage and secret agent thing that you find in the bond films was really a sort of fad of the 60's and 70's

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back