For all chickpea fiends (2 Viewers)

dowel

Eden humous: I got the 'royal' one in Fallon&Byrne, it has paprika and oil swirled on top, like the proper stuff. It's the nicest I've ever tasted.
Down at the bottom of the fridge, 10times nicer than their own brand ~ scrumptious

deadly. freakin' love humous.

that fallon & byrne place makes me feel very awkward.

me too, I like nice food and it turns out that there's plenty of it knocking about in Richo shops - they're just a bit arsey a lot of the time.

What, the people who work there? or the people who go there? can't say I've noticed really, I'm basically in a state of confusion due to all the shit I'm not familiar with, and trying to pick out stuff I know i can cook nicely.
They had tiny baby cabbages last time, but couldn't spend the money required sadly...

i got a humous fromthe english market in coek. its siciallian apparently.it has pinenuts in it. yummy

What, the people who work there? or the people who go there? can't say I've noticed really, I'm basically in a state of confusion due to all the shit I'm not familiar with, and trying to pick out stuff I know i can cook nicely.
They had tiny baby cabbages last time, but couldn't spend the money required sadly...

Well, I admit I've only been there twice but it's the general buzz I got off the place in one way, but i suppose it's mostly down the clientelle. So far I have no qualms with the staff.
However, when I'm there I feel as though I'm expected to move out of the way for some people. Naturally, i'm not trying to say that these are the only, or even majority, of people who shop here but just that is what I experienced.

They certainly have yummy food but unfortunately at crummy prices...

you can get kettle microwaveable popcorn there. it's the best popcorn in the world. and some nice pink lemonade. but overall, it's full of wankers.

i do enjoy that pink lemonade, if it's the one i'm thinking of.
i think i'll go in today and give fallon & byrne another shot.

their marinated olives are also yummy, if you like that sort of thing. and they have nice bread.

agreed that some of their stuff is nosebleedingly expensive, though.

their marinated olives are also yummy, if you like that sort of thing. and they have nice bread.

agreed that some of their stuff is nosebleedingly expensive, though.

Yes the bread is excellant alright. I bought quite a bit of it over the summer.

5. "all about tapas" supervalue
4. old mac donalds
3. tesco normal
2. marks n sparks red pepper
1. aldi coriander and lemon

deadly. freakin' love humous.

that fallon & byrne place makes me feel very awkward.

Neil hates it too, it sends him into a rage. He has been heard to mutter things about yuppie scum. I just get the impression that I'm gonna knock everything over because the aisles are so tight and also, there's really not that much in there. There are only so many types of pasta a gal can buy at any one time, like. Plus I have Fresh in Smithfield on my doorstep. Good coffee though.

Neil hates it too, it sends him into a rage. He has been heard to mutter things about yuppie scum. I just get the impression that I'm gonna knock everything over because the aisles are so tight and also, there's really not that much in there.

you're darn right, krystal! it's pretty difficult for two people to pass by one another in there. any time i've been there it has been really busy as well, so it's doubly tough.

i suppose it's not their fault dublin in full of yuppies who want to hang out in their shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back